✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will Barack Obama still be President of the USA in 2 years time?

Guest howyousawtheworld

Guest howyousawtheworld

So Barack Obama is almost slap bang in the middle of his 1st term as President of the USA.

The question is will he still be President in two years time? Is so - why? If not - why?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on who he's running against.

Palin- yes.

Anyone else- maybe

Edit: Just because I don't think the majority of the population like Palin at all. But it depends on who he's against to say if he'll win or not. I really don't think I could predict the next election. Besides, he still has almost 2 years to screw up or become a hero.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Depends on who he's running against.

Palin- yes.

Anyone else- maybe

Edit: Just because I don't think the majority of the population like Palin at all. But it depends on who he's against to say if he'll win or not. I really don't think I could predict the next election. Besides, he still has almost 2 years to screw up or become a hero.

How do you think the last two years have been? Tough and anti climatic?

hmm...

I'd say that he probably will just because the republicans that have been up for discussion on who will run against him haven't seemed to do good in initial polls.

Also it really depends on who runs against him. If it's Palin or Huckabee I'd say he has the presidency. Or at least I hope so. Having either of those as president would be scary, but I wouldn't put it past the American public who will vote for those two based on their "morals" and religious beliefs yet most of them can't name the 3 branches of government.

I'd say he'll probably get reelected.

To be honest initially I was against Obama especially with the health care plan, but I have changed my mind on him and think that he's trying to do the best he can. Also from reading these attacks from the right I find it disgraceful that they'd rather see him fail to prove a point than support him. I don't agree with everything that Obama has done or how he has gone about doing it, but I'd say he's doing the best that he can and who knows how much worse it could've been

How do you think the last two years have been? Tough and anti climatic?

I haven't really cared, to be honest. He hasn't screwed anything up majorly, and I think he's giving it all he's got to improve our country. I'm personally against his health care plan, but he's not the only one responsible for it. He doesn't say "Let's have a health care plan!" and it magically gets put into place; Congress has to vote first.

Guest howyousawtheworld
hmm...

I'd say that he probably will just because the republicans that have been up for discussion on who will run against him haven't seemed to do good in initial polls.

Also it really depends on who runs against him. If it's Palin or Huckabee I'd say he has the presidency. Or at least I hope so. Having either of those as president would be scary, but I wouldn't put it past the American public who will vote for those two based on their "morals" and religious beliefs yet most of them can't name the 3 branches of government.

I'd say he'll probably get reelected.

To be honest initially I was against Obama especially with the health care plan, but I have changed my mind on him and think that he's trying to do the best he can. Also from reading these attacks from the right I find it disgraceful that they'd rather see him fail to prove a point than support him. I don't agree with everything that Obama has done or how he has gone about doing it, but I'd say he's doing the best that he can and who knows how much worse it could've been

What about Mitt Romney? On the outside looking in he looks the safest bet for the Republicans but it's far from the ideal candidate it seems.

On the topic of health care I think his heart was in the right place to cover people who can't get health care. I think that he is in his right to want to help people out. What I don't like is how he wants to change everyone else's health care for the minority that aren't covered. I think that there should just be a plan that people can be covered by the government if they choose to.

My mind has also been changed to be pro-obama just because I'm sickened and frustrated by a lot of, I'm sorry to say, dumb Americans that cannot have common sense and also like mentioned would rather see him fail than succeed. Don't they know if the President fails the country fails? What a way to be patriotic.

What about Mitt Romney? On the outside looking in he looks the safest bet for the Republicans but it's far from the ideal candidate it seems.

Mitt Romney seems to be a front runner, but I don't see him at this point really beating Obama.

I feel that people are still so sick of the Republicans and their old ways under Bush's presidency that they won't vote for him.

Guest howyousawtheworld
On the topic of health care I think his heart was in the right place to cover people who can't get health care. I think that he is in his right to want to help people out. What I don't like is how he wants to change everyone else's health care for the minority that aren't covered. I think that there should just be a plan that people can be covered by the government if they choose to.

My mind has also been changed to be pro-obama just because I'm sickened and frustrated by a lot of, I'm sorry to say, dumb Americans that cannot have common sense and also like mentioned would rather see him fail than succeed. Don't they know if the President fails the country fails? What a way to be patriotic.

Well that's the attitude with many here in the UK and the Prime Minister regardless of who he/she is. I desperately wanted Gordon Brown to succeed as Prime Minister - I don't think he did. I desperately want David Cameron to succeed as Prime Minister - he's doing a solid if unspectacular job so far but it could so easily become a disaster this year especially.

Well that's the attitude with many here in the UK and the Prime Minister regardless of who he/she is. I desperately wanted Gordon Brown to succeed as Prime Minister - I don't think he did. I desperately want David Cameron to succeed as Prime Minister - he's doing a solid if unspectacular job so far but it could so easily become a disaster this year especially.

That's what I don't understand is how people want the leaders to fail. It just doesn't make any sense.

I mean I didn't like Bush, but I still wanted him to not mess up and succeed in what was good for the country.

Mitt Romney's a Mormon. nuff said

I agree. He's so fake and not genuine.

Guest howyousawtheworld
That's what I don't understand is how people want the leaders to fail. It just doesn't make any sense.

I mean I didn't like Bush, but I still wanted him to not mess up and succeed in what was good for the country.

He was heavily backed financially in the Republican candidacy in 2008 but still lost. That's got to count against him as well.

This is exactly how I feel.

Well I'm not sure how much that relates to him being a Mormon, I was just saying that because I'm of the opinion that it's unlikely a Mormon will get elected :lol:

But I do agree that he's fake, more fake than most other politicians even.

Well first of all, it depends if he even runs. He said in an interview that he would rather be a good one-term President than a blah two-term President.

BUT, assuming he does try for a second term, it really depends on who he's running against. I'm curious to see how much of an effect the Tea Party will have in the 2012 election, because one of them might end up on the Republican ticket.

If Palin wins then the world will end in 2012 (The Mayans warned us!)

I thought the world was supposed to end before the election in November?