✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Nicki Minaj ♥

ivet

I saw her in an interview and she was acting embarrassed because her boobs were hanging out. Even though she had chosen what to wear. Then she was asked to give advice to young girls and she said something like 'shoulders back, tits out' or something.

this is lame because she is generally a pretty good role model for girls

And her music is shit.

your music is shit

SO purely based on those two factors, I reckon she's a ****.

fuck you

this is lame because she is generally a pretty good role model for girls

I don't think she's a good role model for anyone, and I don't think she even wants to be a role model. I read an interview where she was asked how hard it is to be Nicki Minaj and she made a big deal about how it is really difficult, actually, and people don't understand. We pick role models based on who we feel close to, someone like us, who we feel we could one day become; what Minaj is implying is that her fans can try to replicate her, but they probably won't make it, and I don't think that's a good message to send. To quote Noel Gallagher, would anyone want to be a rockstar if it looked like hard work?

I won't talk about how trashy her music is, because that's simply my opinion, but some "role models" turn up on time to their gigs, and some, like Adele for example, don't care what they look like and don't let people judge them on their looks, because they try to express themselves in their music and their music only.

I always think the same thing about Rihanna. Rihanna acts like she doesn't want to be a role model: she wants to be a challenging celebrity who makes music that shocks you or makes you think. Well, if you're going to do that, don't follow the pop trends of everyone else. Be different, make a stand and blend in. It's really easy not to release hit after hit after hit. But if you want to be a popstar, you have a responsibility to be a role model too. Kids look up to you.

She whores herself on screens worldwide and advises girls to stick their chests out. Women are already told by society that they are pieces of meat so I wouldn't imagine that their best role models would be repeating this.

If me holding that opinion makes me a dick then that's fine, but my effects are less toxic than hers.

I think she's a good role model in the respect that she is a successful woman and in some instances she does discuss working hard not being defeatist but she does completely contradict herself which annoys me like where she says shit about sticking your chest out.

The way this world is geared up and the awful ways in which it's possible to "succeed" in life, simply being successful isn't being enough in my book (but that doesn't mean my books better than anyone elses, just explaining my previous comments).

Work hard ethic is good to be talking about though, I'll give her that. To be honest though, it's easily said. And the level of her success is only partly down to her work ethic. If she'd kept her clothes on, whilst she may well have got a contract, she would not have been as big as she is.