✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Addiction to facebook

Mrs.Chatterbox

The only big difference is that Facebook has apps.

Let's see, what do you do on Tumblr?

-Post text. Facebook does that. (e.g. status)

-Post photos. Facebook does that. (e.g. photo albums)

-Post quotes. Facebook does that. (e.g. status, whatever)

-Post links. Facebook does that.

-Chat features. Facebook does that. (Although, to be fair, Facebook Chat sucks.)

-Post audio. Facebook does that.

-Post video. Facebook does that.

-"Follow people," which is similar to "adding people" on Facebook.

OK. Now try telling me again that they're not at least somewhat alike.

But everything is more organized on facebook. For example, on tumblr, it's extremely difficult to find photos posted months or years back. Communication is much easier too, with messages, wall posts and all that.

It's all about the community. And the point of tumblr is, imho, (re)blogging.

And that argument is pointless. :|

Exactly.

It's all about the community. And the point of tumblr is, imho, (re)blogging.

And that argument is pointless. :|

OK, well, Facebook is like a community, too, and you can just as easily "repost" things on Facebook as you can on Tumblr. Therefore, your argument is completely invalid.

Ok guise youtube and facebook are the same.

You can subscribe/add friends just like on facebook.

You can upload videos, just like on facebook.

You can leave people comments, just like on facebook.

Basically Violet, your argument can be applied to just about any website out there in which the users contribute to the content.

I am not addicted to Facebook. I look at it about once a week. The people who want me for friends are relatives which is great, or people who I have nothing to do with and have no common interest who want to add me to friends and they don't do anything to be a friend once added. I have a long list of these waiting to be approved. They know me from from someone else on my friends list. I go to Coldplaing much more often. If anyone from here wants to be on my Facebook, please contact my email box. I like the band websites on Facebook and how you can interact with them. I like Vampirefreaks also.

Ok guise youtube and facebook are the same.

You can subscribe/add friends just like on facebook.

You can upload videos, just like on facebook.

You can leave people comments, just like on facebook.

Basically Violet, your argument can be applied to just about any website out there in which the users contribute to the content.

WTF does YouTube have to do with any of this? Does YouTube have photo albums? No. Can you post text updates on YouTube? No. Can you add links for everyone to see that aren't necessarily videos? Only if you post it in a comment, which isn't the same thing as posting a link like it does directly on Tumblr and Facebook. I don't get your point.

You know what? I have no idea why this is even being debated. There are much more important things to discuss than the logistics of classifying user-oriented Internet sites.

OK, look, I'm trying not to be a douche. I just don't see how my argument is that vague.

• 3 weeks later...