✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Addiction to facebook

Mrs.Chatterbox

-raises hand-

I've actually gotten much better about it. I don't feel nearly as strong of a compulsion to update my status so many times a day.

Really, it's the apps that cause problems. I remember when I started playing FarmVille. It eats your soul. :wreck:

i dont update statues, im worse :| im always checking what this one friend is always doing and writting to the others :|

im sick :|

and yeah i was addicted to farmville as well, but thank god i blocked that application and now im free lol

i dont update statues, im worse :| im always checking what this one friend is always doing and writting to the others :|

im sick :|

and yeah i was addicted to farmville as well, but thank god i blocked that application and now im free lol

yeah, farmville is really a big deal. I was addicted to it too. I remember, i've stopped playing it and after 2-3 weeks, i went on again. :lol: it was really sick :dozey:

Does anyone has any solutions how to heal from it? :\

Yup. If you use Windows you can block that site by changing the host file under C: \Windows\System32\drivers\etc\. Look up the introduction on google how to change it exactly.

If you're not a Windows user, I don't know how to "heal" you, but don't you have enough self control to NOT visit that site? :wtf: Do something useful with your time insead of wasting it with something as shitty as facebook.

I still don't get how people can be addicted to Facebook, I mean, the games are boring and I seriously don't know how you can spend so much time on Facebook.. :confused:

I'm addicted to tumblr, though.. :|

sometimes i forget that i also have a tumblr :wacky: i like it, but sometimes is boring,sometimes i find myself falling asleep as long as i scroll posts :laugh4:

Yup. If you use Windows you can block that site by changing the host file under C: \Windows\System32\drivers\etc\. Look up the introduction on google how to change it exactly.

If you're not a Windows user, I don't know how to "heal" you, but don't you have enough self control to NOT visit that site? :wtf: Do something useful with your time insead of wasting it with something as shitty as facebook.

I use Windows, but it's hard to do it. I don't have enough courage to that.. :\ i'm doomed

I still don't get how people can be addicted to Facebook, I mean, the games are boring and I seriously don't know how you can spend so much time on Facebook.. :confused:

I'm addicted to tumblr, though.. :|

Tumblr's not really any different from Facebook, though... :wtf:

hmm, i've got another idea.

Delete whatever facebook bookmarks you have, and don't make it your homepage. I know you can still type the address out blablabla, but it takes more work, so you tend not to stray to the site so much. :anxious:

:worried: lol srsly.

The only big difference is that Facebook has apps.

Let's see, what do you do on Tumblr?

-Post text. Facebook does that. (e.g. status)

-Post photos. Facebook does that. (e.g. photo albums)

-Post quotes. Facebook does that. (e.g. status, whatever)

-Post links. Facebook does that.

-Chat features. Facebook does that. (Although, to be fair, Facebook Chat sucks.)

-Post audio. Facebook does that.

-Post video. Facebook does that.

-"Follow people," which is similar to "adding people" on Facebook.

OK. Now try telling me again that they're not at least somewhat alike.

Cold turkey for at least 1 week.

Put a very brief heads up on your page first so your friends don't freak out when they can't get a hold of you, like 'I will be offline until next Wednesday' or something, but don't let them drag you into a conversation about what's going on and why.

HERE'S THE IMPORTANT PART: You need something in the offline world to replace it at first. A project or interest that you can get heavily involved in for at least the first half of the week and lightly for a couple after that. Think 'I can't check Facebook because I need to work on/read/do X'. Then go work on it. By about day 4 or 5 you will realize how little you are actually missing. Hopefully, (try making a list of this) you will start noticing new things that it would have distracted you from. It will take longer than a week to get over the urge to check it, so keep up the side project going for several weeks. It will get better.

When you get back on, do what they V said- typing out the address and your password every time makes you avoid it more. Stay away from aps. Only check it once a day. Limit your time on it- set an alarm to make sure you don't start the five more minutes problem.

That's how I got over some similar internet based addictions. It's also how I avoided Facebook addiction in the first place. It's not always easy, and for me it's like a giant game of whack-a-mole because there's always something else to take it's place, but it does work.

hmm, i've got another idea.

Delete whatever facebook bookmarks you have, and don't make it your homepage. I know you can still type the address out blablabla, but it takes more work, so you tend not to stray to the site so much. :anxious:

The only big difference is that Facebook has apps.

Let's see, what do you do on Tumblr?

-Post text. Facebook does that. (e.g. status)

-Post photos. Facebook does that. (e.g. photo albums)

-Post quotes. Facebook does that. (e.g. status, whatever)

-Post links. Facebook does that.

-Chat features. Facebook does that. (Although, to be fair, Facebook Chat sucks.)

-Post audio. Facebook does that.

-Post video. Facebook does that.

-"Follow people," which is similar to "adding people" on Facebook.

OK. Now try telling me again that they're not at least somewhat alike.

It's all about the community. And the point of tumblr is, imho, (re)blogging.

And that argument is pointless. :|