✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The biggest flag of the world!!!

juanif94

Yesterday, April 12th, fans of the Uruguayan football team, unfurled a huge flag at the Libertadores Cup match against Independiente from Argentina. The flag measures 15,000 square metres and it covered nearly two stands from the Centenario stadium. It took nearly 4 months to finish it and it costed $33,500 and it was payed all by the fans. No sponsors. More than 300 fans helped carrying the flag weightin 1,880 kg from the Peñarol club headquarters to the Centenario stadium. Peñarol lost 1-0 against Independiente but still moves on to the next round of the Libertadores Cup.

216998_10150155221912000_227140791999_7045183_8196735_n.jpg

208730_10150155159247000_227140791999_7044847_6064295_n.jpg

215553_200702056636530_107866505920086_538924_2964076_n.jpg

216323_200684883304914_107866505920086_538855_4108605_n.jpg

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

If you want to see some great 360 pictures of the flag and the stadium go here:

http://uruguay360.com.uy/uruguay/montevideo/la-bandera-mas-grande-del-mundo-pe%C3%B1arol-vs.-independiente

The best football fans of the world, deserved the biggest flag :D GO PEÑAROL!!!

Guest howyousawtheworld

They do know how to celebrate do the South Americans. Great atmospheres, great fans. Brazil 2014 will be immense! Better make the most of the next World Cup seeing as the next two will be in Russia and Qatar.

Peñarol fans are the best in the world.

Yes we are!! :D

Uruguayan football is not the best obviously, we don't have enough money to make new stadiums or great international players playing at our clubs. Unfortunately, there's a lot of violence at the matches and you have to think twice if you want to go to the stadium with your family.

But it's times like these that it makes makes me proud being a fan of Peñarol. Watching all the people celebrating without any offence, and collaborating to carry the flag, parents with their children dressed up in Peñarol's colours, it's awesome. The moment that the team comes into the field the stadium turns into some kind of wild party with lots of fireworks, papers, people singing and jumping as you can see on the video. We have lots of problems, socially and economically, but we know how to be true fans.

Peñarol has a great fanbase, and so do many other fanbases around here. It's hard to say which one is the best (in case you don't know, I live in the southernmost state of Brazil, which borders both Uruguay and Argentina).

I want to show a little bit about us, supporters of SC Internacional.

2008 Sul-Americana Cup Final (equivalent to the Europa League) [we won it, btw :D]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trepQJyUPEQ]YouTube - Final Sul-Americana 2008 - Inter 1 x 1 Estudiantes III[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMn5_06JUQs]YouTube - Recebimento INTER x Estudiantes - FINAL Sul-Americana - Guarda Popular Colorada - Inter Fans[/ame]

2010 Libertadores Cup Semi-final (equivalent to the Champions' League) [again, we ended up winning it :smug:]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdnFpGhHN38]YouTube - RUAS DE FOGO . INTER LIBERTADORES 2010.wmv[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvD7A_oL6FM]YouTube - Internacional 1 x 0 São Paulo Ruas de Fogo[/ame]

Yes we are!! :D

Uruguayan football is not the best obviously, we don't have enough money to make new stadiums or great international players playing at our clubs. Unfortunately, there's a lot of violence at the matches and you have to think twice if you want to go to the stadium with your family.

But it's times like these that it makes makes me proud being a fan of Peñarol. Watching all the people celebrating without any offence, and collaborating to carry the flag, parents with their children dressed up in Peñarol's colours, it's awesome. The moment that the team comes into the field the stadium turns into some kind of wild party with lots of fireworks, papers, people singing and jumping as you can see on the video. We have lots of problems, socially and economically, but we know how to be true fans.

I wish Juventus fans were like that. Some of them are really loyal like me (I've been supporting this club for 15 years and I'm only 15 :D) and have stayed years supporting my club even when we had that scandal in 2006 and were relegated to Serie B, but others are just glory hunters who stayed supporting the club but can't stand Juve not winning and even come to the idea to go support Barcelona or Manchester City. Our attendance record is horrible, nobody comes to the stadium anymore. It is sad. I'm just hoping the new stadium will attract more people. If only Juventus fans had half the spirit you Peñarol fans have...

Peñarol has a great fanbase, and so do many other fanbases around here. It's hard to say which one is the best (in case you don't know, I live in the southernmost state of Brazil, which borders both Uruguay and Argentina).

I want to show a little bit about us, supporters of SC Internacional.

2008 Sul-Americana Cup Final (equivalent to the Europa League) [we won it, btw :D]

2010 Libertadores Cup Semi-final (equivalent to the Champions' League) [again, we ended up winning it :smug:]

YouTube - Internacional 1 x 0 São Paulo Ruas de Fogo

Ah, Internacional... :) I love Brazilian teams.

Nice to see many South American football fans around here. I'm a follower of the Copa Libertadores. So much raw talent in it.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I wish Juventus fans were like that. Some of them are really loyal like me (I've been supporting this club for 15 years and I'm only 15 :D) and have stayed years supporting my club even when we had that scandal in 2006 and were relegated to Serie B, but others are just glory hunters who stayed supporting the club but can't stand Juve not winning and even come to the idea to go support Barcelona or Manchester City. Our attendance record is horrible, nobody comes to the stadium anymore. It is sad. I'm just hoping the new stadium will attract more people. If only Juventus fans had half the spirit you Peñarol fans have...

Those fans clearly have no emotional connections with the club. It's really sad that.

Juve's new stadium being built on the site of the old Stadio Delle Alpi isn't it? It's a shame they demolished it. What were the reasons for demolishing it?

Those fans clearly have no emotional connections with the club. It's really sad that.

Juve's new stadium being built on the site of the old Stadio Delle Alpi isn't it? It's a shame they demolished it. What were the reasons for demolishing it?

Yes, they are building it on the same place the Delle Alpi onces stood.

The main reason is basically the same thing I stated in my other post. Fans didn't go to the games and we were only getting an average of 28,000 people going to the stadium every game on a 69,000 seated stadium. It looked quite empty and we were just wasting money paying to maintain it.

Now that we are getting a new stadium it will have only 41,000 seats but will have space for expansion if we ever need to increase the amount of seats. Also, it will be more modern and up to date. I really like it, specially because they made the stadium to have 50 stars around it wit the name of 50 Juve legends (Del Piero, Platini, Zidane, Davids, Nedved, Trezeguet, etc) and under them there will be stars personalized with the name of the fans who bought them. I think it is pretty cool.

Here are some photos of the stadium and a video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eNcoyfNoN8&feature=channel_video_title]Juventus Stadium[/ame]

stadio4.jpg

stadio1.jpg

img6456c.jpg

Here is also the list of all the Juve legends that will have a star:Click Here!

This is how the stars will look like around the stadium:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCBLBZsHItY]Juventus Stadium Stars[/ame]

We still don't know what the name of the stadium will be but it will be announced soon. Juventus will start playing on it from the start of next season (2011/2012) and they are looking for a team (Barcelona, Real Madrid, Liverpool or Torino are candidates) to participate in the opening of the stadium this summer.

I'm really excited about it. I hope this stadium brings joy and cheerful memories to remember.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Yes, they are building it on the same place the Delle Alpi onces stood.

The main reason is basically the same thing I stated in my other post. Fans didn't go to the games and we were only getting an average of 28,000 people going to the stadium every game on a 69,000 seated stadium. It looked quite empty and we were just wasting money paying to maintain it.

Now that we are getting a new stadium it will have only 41,000 seats but will have space for expansion if we ever need to increase the amount of seats. Also, it will be more modern and up to date. I really like it, specially because they made the stadium to have 50 stars around it wit the name of 50 Juve legends (Del Piero, Platini, Zidane, Davids, Nedved, Trezeguet, etc) and under them there will be stars personalized with the name of the fans who bought them. I think it is pretty cool.

Here are some photos of the stadium and a video:

stadio4.jpg

stadio1.jpg

img6456c.jpg

Here is also the list of all the Juve legends that will have a star:Click Here!

This is how the stars will look like around the stadium:

We still don't know what the name of the stadium will be but it will be announced soon. Juventus will start playing on it from the start of next season (2011/2012) and they are looking for a team (Barcelona, Real Madrid, Liverpool or Torino are candidates) to participate in the opening of the stadium this summer.

I'm really excited about it. I hope this stadium brings joy and cheerful memories to remember.

28000 in the Stadio Delle Alpi is a bizarre figure for a team the stature of Juventus. You could never envisage those sort of numbers within the top teams in England.

Nevertheless it'll be lovely for Juve to have a place which they can call home again. Oh and are Torino not moving in with you?

28000 in the Stadio Delle Alpi is a bizarre figure for a team the stature of Juventus. You could never envisage those sort of numbers within the top teams in England.

Nevertheless it'll be lovely for Juve to have a place which they can call home again. Oh and are Torino not moving in with you?

No. It is all ours because we are the ones who bought it and constructed it. I think it will be the first and only stadium in Serie A that is owned by its own club.