✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Warning sign

walrus87

Hello everybody,

me and my band are in trouble with warning sign..

expecially for me, I play this song like chris does in live videos:

Capo at 3rd fret and slide the "C chord position".

chords should be G# D# A# F

anyway playing with the original song like backing track i'm out of tune...

I use this tuning: EADGBd but I'm starting to think it's wrong...

can anyone help me?

thanks so much!

According to some comments on Ultimate-Guitar.com, Chris used a capo on the 3rd fret in the studio, but he uses a capo on the 2nd fret live (maybe to lessen the strain on his voice).

So, have you tried moving the capo?

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/c/coldplay/warning_sign_tab.htm#comments

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/c/coldplay/warning_sign_ver2_crd.htm#comments

First of all, tuning a half step down is equivalent of moving the capo down a fret. So standard tuning + capo 2 will sound the same as tuning a half step down + capo 3.

I guess you have access to a good tuner, sou you're sure the guitar's in tune. Could there be intonation problems with your guitar? If only the chords high up the neck sound off, it might be.

The highest rated tabs on Ultimate-Guitar (see post above), and the live videos of Coldplay, indicate that it should be played like you already do. Do they differ from what you've learnt? I don't have access to a guitar at the moment, so I can't check how the tabs sound.

I don't recommend this, but as a last resort you could try the tab book version (not my upload):

http://www.4shared.com/dir/8921731/93e474f9/Coldplay_Sheet_Music.html

It states that the tuning is EADEAe. Normally, professional musicians, and not the band itself, make the tab book, so you can't always depend on them. Anyway, here's how part of it looks/sounds (from a video I uploaded a year ago):

The question is if it's worth learning how to play the song in a new (and maybe more complicated) way ...

First of all, tuning a half step down is equivalent of moving the capo down a fret. So standard tuning + capo 2 will sound the same as tuning a half step down + capo 3.

I guess you have access to a good tuner, sou you're sure the guitar's in tune. Could there be intonation problems with your guitar? If only the chords high up the neck sound off, it might be.

The highest rated tabs on Ultimate-Guitar (see post above), and the live videos of Coldplay, indicate that it should be played like you already do. Do they differ from what you've learnt? I don't have access to a guitar at the moment, so I can't check how the tabs sound.

I don't recommend this, but as a last resort you could try the tab book version (not my upload):

http://www.4shared.com/dir/8921731/93e474f9/Coldplay_Sheet_Music.html

It states that the tuning is EADEAe. Normally, professional musicians, and not the band itself, make the tab book, so you can't always depend on them. Anyway, here's how part of it looks/sounds (from a video I uploaded a year ago):

The question is if it's worth learning how to play the song in a new (and maybe more complicated) way ...

I've already found that pdf but it's not clear about the tuning (bad scanning)...

I've also surfed the whole net looking for something but it seems that everyone plays that song like I do.

I have access to a chromatic tuner and I'm sure my guitar is in tune, so

I'm not saying it doesn't sound good, just saying that it's not how cp do in studio version...

it causes untuning between me and my pianist (he learnt hot to play it by listening).

I'm 99 % sure the tuning in the tab book is EADEAe. But you should probably stick to the version you know.

I don't know much about pianos, so I can't help you there. I guess one of you have to do some adjustments. If you don't find a solution, maybe you could try creating your own version of the song, without caring about how Coldplay plays it?

• 1 year later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNtkOSuck2M&feature=watch-vrec]Warning Sign - Coldplay Live Sessions @ AOL - YouTube[/ame]

sorry for pulling up...

I dont know a lot about chords, but can anyone be so kind and at least try to tell which chords chris uses? And perhaps if there is a string tuned down or up.

Thanks in advance!

Hubie

• 3 weeks later...

This song is deffo EADGBD and a capo 2nd or 3rd fret not sure. But the chords are C shape chords up and down the neck.

so be like 332010 that shape, but not played it in years so dont know the exact fret numbers.

This tuning is played on Green Eyes too. That E down to D is so prominent. Another trick is you could put the Capo over the five strings and leave Thinnest E open from the neck and not fretted by the Capo, saves you tuning up and down I guess

• 2 weeks later...