✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Live versions VS Studio versions

42JTR

Most songs sound better live than they sound on the album but are there are probably also songs that sound better on the Album/EP/ . So which songs would you pick?

I for instance think the Album version of Lost! is better than the live version, because Chris jumps a little too much live and his singing doesn't really improve because of that, and I also like Chris' (lower) voice more on the album version.

I also think that the studio version of ETIAW sounds slightly better than live, on the other hand I really love the audiences during ETIAW all jumping around.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always loved the live versions of every song from the ARoBttH era more than the studio versions, especially Politik, Clocks, and ARoBttH

Major Minus is better live, I suppose (they got rid of Jonny's echoes! How dare they! :stunned:)

I actually prefer the studio version of ETiaW over the live versions :shrug: Maybe if the guys get an out-of-this-world crowd then I'll like it better.

If Chris couldn't actually sing Lost! well live, I would like it more.

I like the "Whoaaa ohh ohhhhhs" at the end they are more noticeable and that's like my favorite part of the song. :)

And after the first chorus, Jonny plays thing that makes the second verse more epic and less bland.

Lost, Shiver, ETIAW, and maybe Low are all notably better in studio quality IMO. Chinese Sleep Chant isn't the same without those strings, too.

Major Minus, Viva La Vida, Fix You, Clocks, Glass Of Water, Amsterdam, and Warning Sign are all notably better live IMO. There's much more emotion built into them.

The rest have their ups and downs, but a live show is great. So is putting on the record and listening to it.

• 2 months later...

Definitely Violet Hill.....that sounds so much better live. Just the emotion that you can hear and see is awesome.

I can't believe people are saying paradise....the instrumental is great but to be honest, chris isn't the best at singing it :facepalm:

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face is a rare example where the Live version is not a 1000x better than the album version, but rather the live version itself divides the album version by zero.

In other words GPASUYF is way more intense live, and for what it sounds, GPASUYF sound better that way rather than being the soft song it is. I wish they recorded a studio version of GPASUYF as they preform it at the 2011 festivals.