✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I WAS THERE ....

Victoria

.... at Concorde's last ever flight. Yesterday, 26th November 2003, in Filton, Bristol - her home. I wasn't able to get right on the airfield, and regrettably forgot to take my camera to work with me (duh!), but I had the most fantastic view of her flypast and landing! The sun made her look brilliant white against the huge black cloud behind her - a rainbow came out just as she approached, and she seemed to fly right through it! Very fitting. And all the people came out of their offices and watched, and cheered when she came into view! It was a very poignant moment - very sad that she won't ever fly anymore, but somehow there was an air of celebration too. My avatar is a shot of her landing at Filton yesterday. The final touchdown.

errrr Concorde is non profitable if I rememember correctly...after both sept 11th and the Air France Concorde crashing in 2000, air contractors lost money as people were scared to fly. Concorde only seats 100 people, and it costs a lot of money to fly via concorde....British Airways and Air France, decided it was enough and needed to look for profit in other avenues....plus Concorde is well old, and most planes are beyond their life expectancy i think. A lot of strain travelling supersonic over 3000 miles.

It's 1.30am, and if im wrong on this om sorry :P, my 1st post here for a while anyway.

I don't care about the filthy rich - I just liked to see it fly :cry: Just so elegant and beautiful. Weird isn't it - how can people love a flippin' machine like it was living or something? But for Bristol, it was somehow a bit more than special.

Guest LiquidSky
I don't care about the filthy rich - I just liked to see it fly :cry: Just so elegant and beautiful. Weird isn't it - how can people love a flippin' machine like it was living or something? But for Bristol' date=' it was somehow a bit more than special.[/quote']

well honey, ppl find somethings beautiful...and I don't think it's weird...:kiss: