✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto = Absolution

Blockflote

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

old U2 > old Coldplay = old Muse > new Muse > new Coldplay >>>>>> Keane = new U2

Surprisingly agreeable rankings, though I'd throw new Coldplay down with new Keane and new U2 (old Keane is campy but inoffensive. New U2 isn't great but I prefer their 00's output over Pop and Zooropa.)

New Coldplay has some gems, though. Keane as a whole just seems so uninspired and bland, new Coldplay has some soul and meaning to it. ETIAW might be terrible, but it makes people happy.

I don't even know about new Muse though, I might even put it on-par with new Coldplay. Many diamonds in the rough (or roughs in the glittering, over-the-top diamonds to be accurate). :p

I'm actually a huge fan of Keane's 2nd album, Under the Iron Sea, but the 3rd album was mediocre and the recent EP was dreadful on every imaginable level.

New Muse is a mixed bag but not yet consistently bad enough for me to push off a cliff. Lots of stuff that's as good as their previous output, then lots of stuff that's just outright terrible.