✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto = Absolution

Blockflote

Do you read THIS?

Actually, I think ETIAW corresponds to Hysteria. I don't compare which is better, however I think they're powerful songs compared to the songs behind them. Something like:

6. "Falling Away with You" 4:40 - 5. "Us Against the World"

7. "Interlude" 0:37 - 6. "M.M.I.X."

8. "Hysteria" 3:47 - 7. "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall"

It's a comparison of conceptual effect, more than anything.

And I really like this one too: :P

4. "Sing for Absolution" 4:54 - 4. "Charlie Brown"

Two huge songs.

:uneasy::book2:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the things we already know. Let's see...ETIAW and Paradise vs Stockholm Syndrome and TIRO... this just makes me laugh, Muse is so much better considering both songs.

Muse sounds so superior than coldplay. The comparisons are dumb. Absolution is great I doubt MX will be that good if we already consider they released two bad singles than even in the coldplay fanbase are disliked by lots of people.

Since the album is from 2003 its more fair to compare it to AROBTTH of coldplays work.

The Muse is a decent well known band, while Coldplay is an amazing world renown band! No way are they in the same league!

The Muse? Water you talking about. :|

Anyway, please don't compare Absolution and Mylo Xyloto, they're just . . . .uncomparable.

I mean, seriously? As for singles, Time is Running Out vs. ETIAW and Hysteria vs. Paradise (just picked out two random Muse singles).

Come on. :P

Yeah but, do you think that ETIAW is powerful? :lol:

Nobody catch my point :(

And yes, I think ETIAW is powerful.. Have a lot of loud sounds, and it move yourself to get some dance. It's not powerful in the same way than Hysteria, which is an awesome rock song. But yes, it is. Besides, I'm comparing it with the track behind them (Falling Away With You - Us Against The World). It's so hard to understand? :\

Yup, I still don't get it. You say the tracklisting is very similiar, but I only see that they both have 14 tracks.

You also mention that two of Muse's tracks are short and that Mylo Xyloto and M.M.I.X. could be short as well, but that's where you already loose me, because we don't know how long those songs will be. Why do you think they will be short? Just because then it looks like Muse's tracklist?

Yup, I still don't get it. You say the tracklisting is very similiar, but I only see that they both have 14 tracks.

You also mention that two of Muse's tracks are short and that Mylo Xyloto and M.M.I.X. could be short as well, but that's where you already loose me, because we don't know how long those songs will be. Why do you think they will be short? Just because then it looks like Muse's tracklist?

Actually, Mylo Xyloto could be the intro to HLH (like live setlist). M.M.I.X is a hunch. Besides, I compare those albums because both of them are conceptual. But well, we have to wait to MX. But it's only a probability.

@Batmotor if you don't like it go and comment on other thread. There are many. :P

I love Muse, and I love all their stuff, which is more than can be said for Coldplay (X&Y). But I will say that I've seen both at Wembley, and the Coldplay gig felt like the best day of my life at the time. They're just... special.

The thread title really pissed me off.

Then I saw the discussion was merely about track listing, so I was OK.

Then I saw some of the ridiculous posts in here, and I just got pissed again. I can't even try to dignify some of the nonsense in here with a response.

I hate Muse. Seriously, I won't deny that they're talented guys (Chris Wolstenholme is a beast) but really? Their lyrics are usually worse than Coldplay's, and nearly every one of their songs sounds the same: Loud guitar riffs and irritating synth arpeggios. Their ballads are subpar at best. They have some good songs, but...ugh. Sorry, not my style.

If I had to pick though, Absolution is by far their best.