✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto = Absolution

Blockflote

I don't know if anyone noticed that, but the tracklist are very similar. We have on Absolution (Muse) 2 short tracks (Intro 0:23, Interlude 0:38) which could be our Mylo Xyloto and M.M.I.X

1. "Intro" 0:22

2. "Apocalypse Please" 4:12

3. "Time Is Running Out" 3:56

4. "Sing for Absolution" 4:54

5. "Stockholm Syndrome" 4:58

6. "Falling Away with You" 4:40

7. "Interlude" 0:37

8. "Hysteria" 3:47

9. "Blackout" 4:22

10. "Butterflies and Hurricanes" 5:01

11. "The Small Print" 3:28

12. "Endlessly" 3:49

13. "Thoughts of a Dying Atheist" 3:11

14. "Ruled by Secrecy" 4:54

1. "Mylo Xyloto"

2. "Hurts Like Heaven"

3. "Paradise"

4. "Charlie Brown"

5. "Us Against the World"

6. "M.M.I.X."

7. "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall"

8. "Major Minus"

9. "U.F.O."

10. "Princess of China" (featuring Rihanna)

11. "Up in Flames"

12. "A Hopeful Transmission"

13. "Don't Let It Break Your Heart"

14. "Up with the Birds"

We have here 52.1 minutes. I think this would be the way of Mylo Xyloto. Very closely.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, do NOT compare Coldplay with Muse. Coldplay's supremacy is unquestionable

You could replace Muse with any number of bands and I would still laugh uncontrollably at that second sentence. /bitter Coldplay fan of y'old

Absolution is a candidate for my favorite album by anyone. I'm pretty sure its worst song is a bazillion times better than anything we've heard so far from MX (Since "Moving to Mars" no longer counts as an MX track).

Also, lots of albums are 14 songs long with little intermission pieces in the middle. Your point?

So you came back from the future I guess....

Tiro was a better single compared to Paradise and the whole Absolution album is ace. All the new coldplay songs I heard so far aren't quite what I was expecting. ( especially Paradise and ETIAW) Charlie Brown and HLH are ok but not great ( in my opinion that is) and then they destroyed MM with that overproduced studio version so I don't think MX will be near as good as Absolution.

Note aside, it's silly to say Absolution and MX are the same just cos they have 14 tracks each.

Ps. It's my personal opinion people so don't get offended.

Tiro was a better single compared to Paradise and the whole Absolution album is ace. All the new coldplay songs I heard so far aren't quite what I was expecting. ( especially Paradise and ETIAW) Charlie Brown and HLH are ok but not great ( in my opinion that is) and then they destroyed MM with that overproduced studio version so I don't think MX will be near as good a Absolution.

Note aside, it's silly to say Absolution and MX are the same just cos they have 14 tracks each.

Ps. It's my personal opinion people so don't get offended.

I'm not saying the opposite, Absolution is awesome and Muse is among my favourite bands, but since we only heard the studio versions of 3 out of 14 tracks on MX, I think it's too early to compare. But I know it's your personal opinion and I respect it. And I can't see the point on comparing these two albums just because they are 14 tracks long either.

I like the majority of the Muse titles as well, but I think that Absolution seems to tell a similar story, no? The album incorporates themes of fear, mistrust, personal achievement and joy - sound familiar?

Yes, it's actually a concept album also. Whenever I hear Absolution, I imagine some type of history. It's pure magic.

Time Is Running Out is a terrible song by Muse's standards. The best song on that album is Butterflies and Hurricanes.

Butterflies & Hurricanes :wacky: How I love that song, that piano solo is epic! I learnt to play it but I can't play it just like Matt, he is a genius.

It's a shame that they don't make music like this anymore. I mean, The Resistance is good, but I like their older albums more!

Considering the things we already know. Let's see...ETIAW and Paradise vs Stockholm Syndrome and TIRO... this just makes me laugh, Muse is so much better considering both songs.

Muse sounds so superior than coldplay. The comparisons are dumb. Absolution is great I doubt MX will be that good if we already consider they released two bad singles than even in the coldplay fanbase are disliked by lots of people.

Considering the things we already know. Let's see...ETIAW and Paradise vs Stockholm Syndrome and TIRO... this just makes me laugh, Muse is so much better considering both songs.

Muse sounds so superior than coldplay. The comparisons are dumb. Absolution is great I doubt MX will be that good if we already consider they released two bad singles than even in the coldplay fanbase are disliked by lots of people.

Actually, I think ETIAW corresponds to Hysteria. I don't compare which is better, however I think they're powerful songs compared to the songs behind them. Something like:

6. "Falling Away with You" 4:40 - 5. "Us Against the World"

7. "Interlude" 0:37 - 6. "M.M.I.X."

8. "Hysteria" 3:47 - 7. "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall"

It's a comparison of conceptual effect, more than anything.

And I really like this one too: :P

4. "Sing for Absolution" 4:54 - 4. "Charlie Brown"

Two huge songs.