✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto = Absolution

Blockflote

So...uh...I could totally apply the same logic used in this thread to create a new thread called "Viva la Vida = Kid A". I mean, they both have 10 tracks and their last track has a brief outro piece at the end, so they're pretty much identical, right? :dozey:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate Muse. Seriously, I won't deny that they're talented guys (Chris Wolstenholme is a beast) but really? Their lyrics are usually worse than Coldplay's, and nearly every one of their songs sounds the same: Loud guitar riffs and irritating synth arpeggios. Their ballads are subpar at best. They have some good songs, but...ugh. Sorry, not my style.

If I had to pick though, Absolution is by far their best.

If you think every Muse song sounds the same, you should play Soldier's Poem, I Belong To You, Exogenesis Part 1, Megalomania and Knights of Cydonia one after the other.

As for the lyrics thing, I won't name every one, but a highlight is "I've had recurring nightmares I was loved for who I am, and missed the opportunity to be a better man."

If you think every Muse song sounds the same, you should play Soldier's Poem, I Belong To You, Exogenesis Part 1, Megalomania and Knights of Cydonia one after the other.

As for the lyrics thing, I won't name every one, but a highlight is "I've had recurring nightmares I was loved for who I am, and missed the opportunity to be a better man."

I own every Muse album (why, I don't know) so I'm aware of the differences in their sound. I guess I just think that their arrangements are extremely predictable. Exogenesis is great. The rest...meh.

I respect you for liking them, and I would actually love to see their live show, but I guess they're just not my style. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Also, it seems to me they could try singing about something other than their "DOWN WITH THE GOVERNMENT" obsession (I know, I know, they have love songs and stuff...but you know what I mean).

I hate Muse. Seriously, I won't deny that they're talented guys (Chris Wolstenholme is a beast) but really? Their lyrics are usually worse than Coldplay's, and nearly every one of their songs sounds the same: Loud guitar riffs and irritating synth arpeggios. Their ballads are subpar at best. They have some good songs, but...ugh. Sorry, not my style.

If I had to pick though, Absolution is by far their best.

+1.000.000.000

Their suicide messages don't get me :smug:

Coldplay>>U2>>Keane>>>>>>>>>>Muse

Exogenesis Part 1
:heart:

Mylo Xyloto = Absolution or Mylo Xyloto = Zitilites ???

The tracklisting is just as similiar as Absolution's. We have on Zitilites (Kashmir) one track that is purely instrumental which could be our Up with the Birds.

We have here 62 minutes. I think that could be the way of Mylo Xyloto too. Very closely.

Blockflote, what do you think of this?

I have a lot (I mean A LOT) of friends that are Muse fans and 90% of them's life dream is suicide themselves. It can't be just a coincidence.
But how does them wanting to commit suicide, make Muse's music about suicide?

Maybe it's just because they are friends with you, I mean 90% of your Muse friends ... it can't be just a coincidence.

Yes! Of course! They listen to Muse all day long and their suicidal tendencies come from me! LOL

Be careful! If you talk to me too much you will want to suicide! Me and my boring subjects tsc tsc (LOL)

Aw, you're right! :disappointed:

Of course it is from listening to Muse! Oi, I should stop listening to Muse then :(

Should we go to their music forum and warn the fans? Or is this like a good kind of natural selection?

Hey, it just occured to me that they probably breathe all day long as well. Maybe that's why they want to kill themselves? Should we stop breathing now?

I am worried.

Are you sure that Muse made them want to commit suicide? Couldn't it be the other way around, that people that want to commit suicide just like to listen to Muse? No, that also doesn't seem to make sense ...

Yes! Of course! They listen to Muse all day long and their suicidal tendencies come from me! LOL

Be careful! If you talk to me too much you will want to suicide! Me and my boring subjects tsc tsc (LOL)

i think they have to listen to real music for once.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldM_9jS4EE4]Radiohead Staircase (The King Of Limbs Sessions: From The Basement) - YouTube[/ame]

I quite agree. They have so many different styles, and so many different messages in their music (from the difficulties of breaking through the music industry, to love songs, to political messages, to wanting equality in the world).

Ah, Hoodoo :heart: Probably the best example of their lyrics. I actually wrote a whole essay on the song. :wacky:

I own every Muse album (why, I don't know) so I'm aware of the differences in their sound. I guess I just think that their arrangements are extremely predictable. Exogenesis is great. The rest...meh.

I respect you for liking them, and I would actually love to see their live show, but I guess they're just not my style. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Also, it seems to me they could try singing about something other than their "DOWN WITH THE GOVERNMENT" obsession (I know, I know, they have love songs and stuff...but you know what I mean).

A bit better than Coldplay's "WHERE HAS MY LOVE GONE"/"OMG POP" obsession imo.

+1.000.000.000

Their suicide messages don't get me :smug:

Suicide messages? :wtf: Do tell where you're getting that from.

I have a lot (I mean A LOT) of friends that are Muse fans and 90% of them's life dream is suicide themselves. It can't be just a coincidence.

Wait, so let me get this straight. You have depressed friends, so instead of helping them out you laugh at them on forums and figure out what music they listen to, as the music they listen to is obviously what's making them depressed?

If that's the way you help your friends, maybe that's why they're depressed in the first place.

Wait, so let me get this straight. You have depressed friends, so instead of helping them out you laugh at them on forums and figure out what music they listen to, as the music they listen to is obviously what's making them depressed?

If that's the way you help your friends, maybe that's why they're depressed in the first place.

I am not laughing at them. I laughed at the comment. And what do you expect me to do? If their parents can't deal with them, I can not either. I won't just come to them and say "Stop listening to Muse" if they like it. They are not sad people. They are happy with the idea of suiciding. They like gore, and cutting themselves, and sickness and diseases, and they all like muse. There must be something connected.

I am not laughing at them. I laughed at the comment. And what do you expect me to do? If their parents can't deal with them, I can not either. I won't just come to them and say "Stop listening to Muse" if they like it. They are not sad people. They are happy with the idea of suiciding. They like gore, and cutting themselves, and sickness and diseases, and they all like muse. There must be something connected.

fpuUp.png

They are suicidal and as you said, hurting themselves. You can very easily take it up with school administration (I'm assuming you're in school as your friends are living with their parents), talk to their parents, or, believe it or not, talk to them (:o!) about seeing a psychiatrist. Would you rather sit back and relax and come back to find dead friends one day, or go out and help them and have live friends?

And let me see, I'm wearing blue today and I feel tired. I know! The color blue must cause exhaustion! *o*

Ever thought that the depression may be from hormones, and the music makes them feel a bit better?