🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

I'm moving to USA!

juanif94

Yesterday my parents told me and my brother that we're moving to USA on february!! This is because my father's job, they sent him there for a year or two, we still don't know. We'll be staying at Washington D.C so if anyone is from this area you can tell me what things to do and what places to visit!! This year i'm finishing high school and I was planning to get into university next year, but now I really don't know what to do with my studies!! I love music very much, so I though that maybe I can study some music there, does anybody know if there are any music insitutes there?? :)

I don't know how to feel right now, i'm so anxious and happy, but at the same time I know that i'll miss A LOT all my family and friends and that kinda worries me :\

Anyway, i'll appreciate it if you could give some information about Washington D.C! :D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh, DC. Not sure, but I'd definitely have to say the White House is an awesome place to visit :D

Thanks!! I'll have to visit the White House then! :P It's cool because it's very close to NYC and I really want to go there! :awesome:

I wish I was moving to USA. :)

Good luck with your decision. ;)

Thanks!!

I still can't believe it, I went last february to Miami and Orlando and never thought that one year later i'll be returning to stay for one or two years :P

I really want to do something when I get there, because I wanna meet other people and maybe make some friends too! :)

There's someone on here that lives in (or really close to) D.C., although I haven't seen him on here in a long time.

D.C. is unique in that it is its own little city/state. It is technically not part of the 50 states, it stands alone. It is very close to Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware... and New York is just a little further north. So I'm sure you'll find LOTS of good schools to study music!

edit: You'll probably get to see New York before I do, and I've been living in the USA my whole life. :nod:

There's someone on here that lives in (or really close to) D.C., although I haven't seen him on here in a long time.

D.C. is unique in that it is its own little city/state. It is technically not part of the 50 states, it stands alone. It is very close to Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware... and New York is just a little further north. So I'm sure you'll find LOTS of good schools to study music!

edit: You'll probably get to see New York before I do, and I've been living in the USA my whole life. :nod:

Thanks for the info! I didn't know that! :) I'm glad i'll be able to find a good music school there, maybe that's what i'm going to do!

Oh that's bad :hug: From which part of the USA are you from?

YOU'RE MOVING TO AMERICA?! :cheesy:

Juani, I'm going to come visit you, okay? :wacky:

Anywho, D.C. is an amazing place. :nice: If you're planning on being right near the capital, the neighborhoods seem pretty decent. :P The furthest I've been away from the capital is near the National Zoo, which is a pretty nice looking area.

BE PREPARED FOR LOTS OF WALKING. :wreck: Unless you get a car or something, of course. ;P

Um...I can't really think of anything else. :thinking: It's a lovely place, though. :wacky:

Ooh! And they have a ton of subways between the different um, towns? :uhoh: Those are fun. :wacko:

The subway ran underneath this hotel in Virginia where I was staying when I visited DC a few years ago, which was neat because I could get to the middle of Washington DC without even leaving the hotel :awesome:

YOU'RE MOVING TO AMERICA?! :cheesy:

Juani, I'm going to come visit you, okay? :wacky:

Anywho, D.C. is an amazing place. :nice: If you're planning on being right near the capital, the neighborhoods seem pretty decent. :P The furthest I've been away from the capital is near the National Zoo, which is a pretty nice looking area.

BE PREPARED FOR LOTS OF WALKING. :wreck: Unless you get a car or something, of course. ;P

Um...I can't really think of anything else. :thinking: It's a lovely place, though. :wacky:

LAURAA, YES I'M MOVING TO AMERICA!! :D

You better come to visit me!! :lol:

I think i'm staying on a neighbourhood near the capital because my father will work on the capital so i'll be really close to it :) I've seen some pictures and it really looks like a nice place! But the city is not too big, isn't it? From what I've seen on google earth it doesn't look that big, but maybe i'm wrong :P

I think i'm getting a car, but I don't mind walking at all :P

Thanks for the info Laura!! Nice hearing from you again! :)

I live in Michigan... the only State where you can hold up your hand and point to where you live :awesome:

oooh Michigan :surprised: *googles it* wow, it looks like a great place!! And it seems quite close to Canada! :D I would like to visit Michigan now!

I live in Michigan... the only State where you can hold up your hand and point to where you live :awesome:

Wait, what? I don't get it. :uhoh:

I live in Wisconsin, where you can find cheese everywhere :awesome: :|

I live pretty close to DC and what I recommend.

-Check out all of the monuements

-The Newseum

-Georgetown (skip the cupcakes.)

-The National Zoo

-The Spy Museum

-The Smithsonian Institution

- Around springtime there's a Cherry Blossom festival, you should definitely go!

That's all I can think of. Have fun in DC, it's a cool place! :awesome:

Anyway, i'll appreciate it if you could give some information about Washington D.C! :D

Some of it is honestly a little on the dangerous side...also, it's very expensive to live there (compared to other places, anyway). D:

But on the whole, it's a beautiful city with lots of things to do and see. I really do love it.

LAURAA, YES I'M MOVING TO AMERICA!! :D

You better come to visit me!! :lol:

I think i'm staying on a neighbourhood near the capital because my father will work on the capital so i'll be really close to it :) I've seen some pictures and it really looks like a nice place! But the city is not too big, isn't it? From what I've seen on google earth it doesn't look that big, but maybe i'm wrong :P

I think i'm getting a car, but I don't mind walking at all :P

Thanks for the info Laura!! Nice hearing from you again! :)

It's not like an unbelievably huge city...pretty normal sized, I think. :P All I remember from when I visited the museums, though, was how badly my feet ached every night. XD It's a really amazing place. :wacky:

It's great to hear from you, too! :nice: I haven't talked to you in forever. :P

Wait, what? I don't get it. :uhoh:

I live in Wisconsin, where you can find cheese everywhere :awesome: :|

The lower peninsula of Michigan looks like a mitten. So I can hold up my hand to look like a mitten and point to a certain spot on my hand and say "I live here". :wacko:

mascheesehead