✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-Nov-2011] Coldplay @ 1Live Radiokonzert E-Werk, Cologne, Germany

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm a bit late with this but you're not gonna believe what happened to me... :):) Some of you guys may remeber how I posted last week that I was really disappointed because I tried everything to get a hold on a pair of tickets and even though I called 4 different radio stations with 3 phones throughout the entire week to participate, I wasn't one of the lucky few who got selected.

Anyway, I found out that Coldplay were doing a taping for the Grand Journal in Paris on Tuesday and so I waited for about 6 hours outside to meet them. I was already about to give up all my hopes but in the end, the van with Chris and Jonny stopped on their way out and they both got out to take pictures with all the fans (there were about 15 of us). Since most of the fans were waiting for Chris, I got to talk to Jonny for a couple of minutes and I told him how big a fan I was, that I was originally from Germany etc. And then he started talking about their show in Cologne and I told him how desperately I had tried to get a hold of the tickets. Then he just answered "You know what, I'll put you on the guest list. What's your name?" So he pulled out his phone and wrote my name down. I could not believe it!!! It was incredible! I think I asked him like 5 times if he was serious and thanked him before they drove off. He is just sooo nice!!!! :):)

So here is my question to everyone who was at the concert: Did anybody tape the very end of Every Teardrop before the band got together for the bow? I was in the very front and Chris and Jonny both recognized me during the concert but at the very end, I was holding up a sign saying "Jonny thanks 4 the invite" and when Jonny saw it, he had a huge smile on his face and gave me a thumbs up. Unfortunately, this moment isn't captured on the Rockpalast recording (in the background, you can somewhat see how Jonny is raising his arm at the 4.30 minute mark). I already looked for it on youtube but I couldn't find any recordings from ETIAW. This was probably one of the greatest moments ever so I am dying to find a video of it. :) Thanks a lot for your help! :)

like everyone said it's truly a lovely story :) :heart:.

and it feels so good to know that they are still capable of doing those things!

there is a highlights video posted here where you can see jonny's thumbs up a bit more clearer:

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90184&page=3