✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Who the Most Mainstream Band?

Nature

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing that's come out of U2 in the past 10 years is that cool-colored black-and-red iPod.

Anyway, if I were to rate the quality of the bands above...

Coldplay > Radiohead > Muse > U2

But their Mainstream-ness?

U2 > Coldplay > Muse > Radiohead (though they are ALL mainstream)

I'm not a big U2 fan. I like War, Zooropa and The Joshua Tree.

Not a big Muse fan, either. I just put them above U2 because I like Queen.

I'm not a huge fan of recent U2 either, but I think that The Joshua Tree alone is better than all of Muse's work combined. And Muse's worst work is their Queen inspired stuff. United States of Eurasia? Seriously? :sick:

To each his own, I suppose... :thinking:

You don't like Achtung Baby?

I'm not a huge fan of recent U2 either, but I think that The Joshua Tree alone is better than all of Muse's work combined. And Muse's worst work is their Queen inspired stuff. United States of Eurasia? Seriously? :sick:

To each his own, I suppose... :thinking:

You don't like Achtung Baby?

It's okay. I just think U2 is the basic stereotype for rock music. Yawn.

And yeah, Muse's stuff is like a Queen clone. When I heard US of E, I was like ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

But their fans are vicious, vicious people.

It's okay. I just think U2 is the basic stereotype for rock music. Yawn.

Hmm...the thing is, U2 only sounds stereotypical now because of all the bands that tried to follow in their footsteps. Listening to them in the context of the 80's...there was really nobody else like them. They basically invented the huge, stadium rock sound. It's not them that's stereotypical, but all the bands that they accidentally created simply by existing.

I don't consider any of the listed bands very mainstream. The most mainstream would be Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, The Beatles (early), Elton John, etc.

Off topic: Elton John is fantastic. Saw him live February...what a performer!

:cool:

^ Wish that emoticon had bigger, more flamboyant shades. :laugh3:

I think Lady Gaga is really interesting. She's mainstream, but brings art back into the music, and gets people thinking about what it all means. Which I appreciate.

Plus, she's actually talented. Which is weird for pop radio today :laugh3:

And yeah, I love Elton John. He's awesome. Tiny Dancer is one of the best songs ever.

I voted U2 just cause I haven't really met many people who don't know U2 or Bono.

But if it's by radioplay, I dunno, I hear Muse the most often on the stations I listen to...And of course the odd U2 song.. And Coldplay, I only heard Etiaw and Paradise once , and the listeners vote on the songs they like soo I haven't heard those since haha..And Radiohead, pretty much the only songs that get a lot of radioplay here are Paranoid Android and Karma Police.

So I dunno, who cares. All four are well known worldwide, get over it.

You call that art?

Even Lady Gaga is more original than the looped samples played during The King of Limbs, if you want to go there.

And yeah, I do all it art. Music is an art form, you Radiohead-obsessed troll/rabid fanboy.

I'm licking your damn CD.

Lady Gaga's music is very, very unoriginal.

She's all image, no substance.

Well, technically-speaking, it's still art, right?

I think it's the most original thing that's come out of that genre in a while. More original than Christina whatever or Britney Spears; that's for sure.

She has a lot of talent and can actually play instruments.

I don't care about people bashing her. She's not one of my favorites: I just like what she's bringing to the field of annoying blonde, cookie-cutter pop-tarts. I just don't like this dude's tone. Trolling these damn forums.

Well, technically-speaking, it's still art, right?

I think it's the most original thing that's come out of that genre in a while. More original than Christina whatever or Britney Spears; that's for sure.

I am not a fan of GaGa, but I totally agree. She is actually talented and has some good tunes. However, her "look at me, I'm different!" clothing annoys the piss out of me.

I am not a fan of GaGa, but I totally agree. She is actually talented and has some good tunes.

I like Judas and Bad Romance. And she writes her own stuff!

But the woman can't put together an album. Born this Way was an unorganized heap of crap. I guess she and her label only care about singles.

Lady Gaga's music is very, very unoriginal.

She's all image, no substance.

How on Earth is she unoriginal? I can't think of anyone even remotely like her. She's become the Queen of Pop music in barely five years, she's inspired thousands and thousands of people and has become an icon. She's also incredibly talented.

Most importantly though, she breathed a new breath of life into pop music.

You call that art?

:rolleyes:

You're a huge snob.