✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Who the Most Mainstream Band?

Nature

What I don't understand is why you people say that one is "really rude" and "acting like a 4 year old" and therefor you act the same way? Start calling names/being rude as a response just lowers you to the same level as the one you are 'fighting' with.

Hm, since you both seem to take it well, I'll just enjoy the mess in this thread.

I refuse to use the poll though. It doesn't make sense to me. It's like a random grab of bands and let's vote then for something very subjective. What is mainstream? I think people have different ways of how they see mainstream. So what would the outcome of the poll give us?

And why wouldn't Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Rolling Stones or the Beatles be in there?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't understand is why you people say that one is "really rude" and "acting like a 4 year old" and therefor you act the same way? Start calling names/being rude as a response just lowers you to the same level as the one you are 'fighting' with.

Hm, since you both seem to take it well, I'll just enjoy the mess in this thread.

I refuse to use the poll though. It doesn't make sense to me. It's like a random grab of bands and let's vote then for something very subjective. What is mainstream? I think people have different ways of how they see mainstream. So what would the outcome of the poll give us?

And why wouldn't Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Rolling Stones or the Beatles be in there?

Cool nog een hollander :cool:

Eh, I tried not to be name-callish. I believe when i said he was a Radiohead fanboy troll weirdo was the only time I used name-calling, which I totally take back. I just try to be as annoying as possible when people are being unruly. If that makes me a "softy" then so be it. Which is where the :dazzled: comes from

I try not to do things like use offensive/overtly violent gifs to express my anger. It's the Internet. I don't really care that much. So I treat the situation with humor, which is a lot better.

Eh, I tried not to be name-callish. I believe when i said he was a Radiohead fanboy troll weirdo was the only time I used name-calling, which I totally take back. I just try to be as annoying as possible when people are being unruly. If that makes me a "softy" then so be it.

Which is where the :dazzled: comes from.

што-то мудрэй у бедным жыцця.

што-то мудрэй у бедным жыцця.

I'm wise. I think.

But k thanks :dazzled:

I think we should be nice to each other. And the rest of the forum. Everyone's just trying to have fun here anyway. It's kind of the point.

I'm wise. I think.

But k thanks :dazzled:

I think we should be nice to each other. And the rest of the forum. Everyone's just trying to have fun here anyway. It's kind of the point.

Yeah we have to be nice,but you keeping post that fucking K all the time.

Coldplay are definitely the most mainstream sounding and have sold relatively better (4 albums and 50million copies sold vs 12 albums and 150million copies sold), but that is no bad thing. U2 have albums like The Unforgettable Fire and Zooropa which make them more experimental sounding than Coldplay imo

Whoever votes for Radiohead needs their ears testing, same for Muse to an extent

How come everyone forgot about R.E.M. (before they decided to "call it a day")?

I think they are a better band than the 4 listed above. They have been at least as influential to Coldplay as Muse, U2 and Radiohead. Yet I haven't seen anyone who mentioned them on this whole forum (maybe one or two to be fair), whereas Muse and especially Radiohead and U2 are constantly being discussed elaborately.

IMO:

R.E.M. > Coldplay > Radiohead ~ U2 > Muse

Although I'm a bigger Coldplay fan. Coldplay has its moments where it's better than everything else. But they have weak moments too. And I'm taking everything, including the "new direction" (I'm not fond of) into account. By contrast, I can safely say I like everything R.E.M. have done. Most importantly they have greatly influenced Coldplay and they've had 3 times as much time as of yet to prove themselves, so it's a bit unfair to compare them. U2 have done great things but on the whole I don't like them that much, same for Muse. Radiohead is genius, but I don't like everything they do.

And for "most mainstream":

Coldplay > U2 > R.E.M. > Muse > Radiohead.

But that's relative and most of all irrelevant. They're all mainstream on some level. Just because mainstream is often associated with Katy Perry, Usher and Justin Bieber doesn't mean it's intrinsically bad.

How on Earth is she unoriginal? I can't think of anyone even remotely like her. She's become the Queen of Pop music in barely five years, she's inspired thousands and thousands of people and has become an icon. She's also incredibly talented.

Most importantly though, she breathed a new breath of life into pop music.

Um...no. Her music sounds pretty much like all the other pop on the radio. It's her vision and instrumental talent that I admire. Mildly interesting lyrics, as well.