✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Japan and China all lit up...

Nikola

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mylo_Xyloto#Charts

I was wondering how popular Coldplay is in huge countries like the B.R.I.C. countries (Brazil, Russia, India and China).

(No Japan though, I know they are big there, I just like the lyric. :awesome:)

This is one half of the the world, and they are never mentioned in the official charts, so I don't know if western artists even release their albums there.

I'm not worried, I'm just curious. :D I wouldn't mind if I were the only fan in the world. :awesome:

I kinda think they named songs Chinese Sleep Chant and Princess Of China just to suck up to that huge market. :lol:

Because the actual songs have nothing to do with China.

Yeah but they don't tour in China and India, that's over 2 billion people waiting to see them... :thinking:

And it's not just CP... U2, Madonna, you name it. Nobody goes there, and that's a lot of people waiting to give them they moneys. :awesome:

I'm Russian, and Coldplay's my favorite band.

Same here.

To be honest, I don't think Coldplay is the most popular band in our country, but we do have a lot of their fans. They should have already played at least one gig in Moscow. Even U2 visited us last summer, and the show was a great success.

Maybe the problem is that nowadays most of our people prefer downloading music from the Internet for free than buying it. That's why we don't get lots of big gigs. Musicians just don't know whether the show will be successful or not, because they always judge their popularity by the record sales.

Honestly, Coldplay's not that big in America. On the radio stations, they play silly pop-songs, but you can often hear Clocks or ETIAW (Clocks is IMO their biggest hit ever) and what's amazing is that their songs play on the radio stations for teenagers, for adults, etc.

But still, Coldplay is one of the biggest band on earth right now.

I think Coldplay is still being considered "Alternative" in China. Listenning to yellow and viva la vida is considered as hip by 75% of people. Other than that, even Fix You is not familiar to most music listeners.

Also, perceptions of rock bands are fucked up here --- Linkin Park is outrageously favored and Radiohead is barely talked about. Yeah I know, WTF.

I think I can say they are popular in China :inquisitive: though some of my friends even don't know them, but they may heard their songs before, but don't know who sings it. And some Chinese singers have covered Coldplay's songs.

But on the internet I can meet more Coldplay fans :) here are two main websites http://www.douban.com/group/Coldplay/ and http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=coldplay

no facebook, because facebook is banned here :( Mostly some people like to compare Coldplay to Radiohead or other bands, they would say Coldplay don't like they were before, and more like a pop band, or don't like Chris ( haha, I haven't seen people say they don't like Jonny, Will or Guy )

I can't believe China is still that oppressive... :(

I'm from Europe and they're at the moment the biggest band here. (And have been since X&Y I guess.)

Well, older bands are more popular, but we're talking about active ones.

I hear Teardrop and Paradise every day on TV, as well as all other songs when they came out.

far as im concerned, coldplay is the second biggest english-speaking band in china. linkin's got the largest fanbase. not sure about recent years especially after the major flop with their latest effort, 'a thousand suns'. anyway, coldplay's still growing. since the chinese music industry has become a cliche, chinese people listen to more english songs now.

Can you buy a physical CD in China? Or do you just have the option of downloading it from iTunes or a similar internet music store?

Yes We can buy all Coldplay's studio albums. NO EP or live CDs though. I'd say digital music market is not in the mode yet in China. People just buy physical CDs or download music for free.

Can you buy a physical CD in China? Or do you just have the option of downloading it from iTunes or a similar internet music store?

haha, of course. Here are Chinese version CD ( no Mylo Xyloto yet). Most fans would buy Japanese or Taiwan or European version via Amazon or by others abroad. Some crazy fans would collect their EPs through Ebay :rolleyes::rolleyes: And someone would download from iTunes and upload to share with others :P:P

• 2 weeks later...