[9-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Verizon Center, Washington, DC, USA

Tash

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show #43

I would like to start out by saying NO MORE ROBYN!!!! :vuvuzela:

No more bad dancing, orthopedic shoe wearing, WTF does she have on Robyn!

Ok now on to the Coldplay.

The crowd was really good tonight. Had the wave going during the Jay Z. :D

Chris was in a great mood. Talkative.

I was seated on 4th row section 111, about even with the X stage. It's a great place to see the show from. Up front you see the band, but not the show. The sound and visuals are stunning half way back. On the floor, unless you are tall, you can't see as well as the seated sections.

Warning Sign was lovely, even with Chrissy's fuck up.

Jonny was dancey but again no green pants. :cry:

Not too many pics tonight. I did shoot some awesome video but upload speed at hotel is crap, so that will have to wait til I go back to Texas tomorrow.

IMG_3454.jpg

IMG_3455.jpg

IMG_3456.jpg

IMG_3458.jpg

IMG_3465.jpg

IMG_3466.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

Another amazing night, guys. It was beautiful, energetic. I have to admit, I did feel like Chris was a little more tired than last night. He did not jump that high, and they were not as energetic on C-stage. But still amazing. I was veryyyyy close to C stage, some of my friends got to touch his hand. It seemed like Guy got a haircut today???

They deserve a break before they head to Canada. One of my friends said that Chris messed up a lot of lyrics....I find it hard to believe...! Maybe few notes here and there, and he stopped Warning Sign (last night he stopped another one, I can't recall which one). And he talked about how that fact that he messed up will go on youtube (even though it was not an obvious mess up), and that how the talk about youtube will go on youtube. The crowd was loving EVERY SINGLE word he said at that speech. He said youtube is a way to show people that they are NOT good musicians. Such a humble man. Before that, he said that usually these concerts are about them showing us what they can do, but very often the crowd shows them what it can do.

Amazing night. It was packed, even though there were plenty of empty seats right before they came on.

I think those are all my comments for now.

Here is few pics:

548163_665030726405_1353416929_n.jpg

544517_665052512745_408051455_n.jpg

119_665079019625_594118868_n.jpg

I would like to start out by saying NO MORE ROBYN!!!! :vuvuzela:

No more bad dancing, orthopedic shoe wearing, WTF does she have on Robyn!

Hm...I am very surprised to hear this over and over from people. A lot of people find her music amazing (people at the show and people that don't follow Coldplay). She is different than Coldplay of course, that's why they brought her. Her music is high quality...Yes, she is strange, but shouldn't we embrace different people? I am sure the band would love us to be openminded. I've been listening to Robyn since she came out and she has had so many amazing performances, interviews, songs.

But, on another side, it's OK if someone does not like her. It's impossible for everyone to like her, of course.

Anyway. I am glad you had a fun 43th show :) Safe trip back to Texas.

Epic concert. We loved it. My wife lost her voice and I lost my hearing but it was worth it. Plus we got an extra treat. We were sitting right in front of the band in section 109 when they went into the crowd. I got some absolutely fabulous shots of the boys, I could reach out and grab them. I feel we had the best seats in the house. Coldplay is truly the greatest band in the worldimage_1.jpg

WHAT A SHOW!!