✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[21-Apr-2012] Coldplay @ Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC, Canada

Tash

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some Coldplay fans duped after buying doctored tickets online

Some Coldplay fans are angry today after buying tickets on Craigslist for the band's weekend shows at Rogers Arena that turned out to be fake.

Emily Walcott of Maple Ridge says she resorted to Craigslist after tickets for the popular band's show sold out on Ticketmaster. The 19-year-old found a good deal online from a woman she says "seemed pretty nice". When she asked why the woman was selling the tickets for less than face value, Walcott was told it was because the ticket holder's job got complimentary passes to the show.

When Walcott arrived at the concert, her tickets wouldn't scan.

"We went to a different booth where (the usher) told me they were Photoshopped," she recalls. "I was really choked. I couldn't process anything that was going on."

Walcott says she went through a wave of emotions for believing that woman who sold them to her and ignoring the red flags. She was most upset that she was out $220 and wasn't able to see her favourite band. A report has been opened by Abbotsford police, who Walcott says were very nice to her.

"After I found out they were fake I was thinking, well at least I learned my lesson,'" she adds. "But then I was also thinking, why did I have to learn my lesson with Coldplay? I was really looking forward to it."

Abbotsford Police say they're not pleased. Cst. Ian MacDonald has heard from people claiming to be have been duped up to $400 because they ignored some major warning signs.

"[it was for] what they thought were prime seats," he says. "Instead they simply ended up finding transportation downtown and ultimately were turned away when they tried to get through the door."

He says crooks prey on emotions.

"Certainly, music concerts, need-to-see events, can create those emotions in people which causes them in many instances to pay more than ticket price value for an opportunity to see their favourite band and show," he says.

"For at least brief moments in time, they're willing to forgo what normally would be indicators that maybe this isn't a good idea for the hope they're going to get ideal seats for a concert that's in high demand."

link

WARNING SING?! DLIBYH?!!! wow im gettin all teary eyed! god knows how long i've been waiting for warning sign its honestly a dream come true. the song means a lot to me and to hear it live after such a long time............... DLIBYH should be amazing too

WARNING SING[/size]?! DLIBYH?!!! wow im gettin all teary eyed! god knows how long i've been waiting for warning sign its honestly a dream come true. the song means a lot to me and to hear it live after such a long time............... DLIBYH should be amazing too

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da95sSiBM04&list=FL6oRWUz4TlxqxJOrhgNhOfQ&index=46&feature=plpp_video]Coldplay - Warning Sign / Don't Let It Break Your Heart. Calgary 18/04/12 - YouTube[/ame]

If you havn't seen it :)

Heres God Put A Smile Upon Your Face.. my favourite part when he mentions the Canucks.. too bad they lost :(

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfG7DVto4GA]Coldplay - God Put A Smile Upon Your Face & Princess Of China @ Rogers Arena Vancouver, BC - YouTube[/ame]

GREAT SHOW! I wasn't going to go, however I just decided I couldn't miss them. Went and bought a behind the stage seat, ended up being the first row just to the side of Jonny. I was pleased, considering last time I got upgraded.

The wristbands are an amazing idea, and when Bono sees them will be cursing himself. Its one thing to see them in video's but live, its out of this world. Set list was strong, I still feel they need to play more songs. Talk would be amazing on this tour and fit right in.

Also, if any song leaves the set at all, it will be DLIBYH. Not much crowd reaction, and if it were anywhere else would kill the show.

Charlie Brown, worth the price alone, to hear and see it. Amazing.

Also they seem to be doing a better job interacting from the last time I saw them. I was very surprised. Also, Chris came out on the catwalk at the back, looked at me, had a weird look on his face then smiled and gave a slight wave. Must recognize me from the last time going through the video. He did give me the Parasol.

Good job Coldplay.

yay you posted my Up In Flames.. heres Charlie Brown (i know its like a week later but still)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEgbiKGSfaw]Coldplay - Charlie Brown Live @ Rogers Arena Vancouver, BC - YouTube[/ame]

Some Coldplay fans duped after buying doctored tickets online

Some Coldplay fans are angry today after buying tickets on Craigslist for the band's weekend shows at Rogers Arena that turned out to be fake.

Emily Walcott of Maple Ridge says she resorted to Craigslist after tickets for the popular band's show sold out on Ticketmaster. The 19-year-old found a good deal online from a woman she says "seemed pretty nice". When she asked why the woman was selling the tickets for less than face value, Walcott was told it was because the ticket holder's job got complimentary passes to the show.

When Walcott arrived at the concert, her tickets wouldn't scan.

"We went to a different booth where (the usher) told me they were Photoshopped," she recalls. "I was really choked. I couldn't process anything that was going on."

Walcott says she went through a wave of emotions for believing that woman who sold them to her and ignoring the red flags. She was most upset that she was out $220 and wasn't able to see her favourite band. A report has been opened by Abbotsford police, who Walcott says were very nice to her.

"After I found out they were fake I was thinking, well at least I learned my lesson,'" she adds. "But then I was also thinking, why did I have to learn my lesson with Coldplay? I was really looking forward to it."

Abbotsford Police say they're not pleased. Cst. Ian MacDonald has heard from people claiming to be have been duped up to $400 because they ignored some major warning signs.

"[it was for] what they thought were prime seats," he says. "Instead they simply ended up finding transportation downtown and ultimately were turned away when they tried to get through the door."

He says crooks prey on emotions.

"Certainly, music concerts, need-to-see events, can create those emotions in people which causes them in many instances to pay more than ticket price value for an opportunity to see their favourite band and show," he says.

"For at least brief moments in time, they're willing to forgo what normally would be indicators that maybe this isn't a good idea for the hope they're going to get ideal seats for a concert that's in high demand."

link

Abbotsford man arrested for alllegedly selling bogus Coldplay tickets

One man has been arrested after Abbotsford police, in a small sting operation, uncovered a scam selling bogus Coldplay concert tickets on Craigslist.

Police said they received five complaints in April from would-be concert goers who discovered their Coldplay tickets - selling online for more than $100 each - were fake. One complaint was also made for phony Madonna tickets.

A detective set up a meeting yesterday with a 24-year-old Abbotsford man claiming to be selling Madonna tickets online and the tickets were determined to be fraudulent. Const. Ian MacDonald said police expect fraud charges to be laid. No names have been released.

link