✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

One of the best things about 2011..

lovebeginswith

One of the best things about 2011..

Seeing Coldplay at Glastonbury.

I knew I was working the event months before it came around. When I found out they were playing, I remember feeling gutted that I probably wouldn’t see them. It would take a miracle. I mean, I was working 12 hour shifts. I was on the other side of the site. I was lucky if I got back at 9pm. But, when Julian said he had booked the night off to go with me, I have never felt so happy. That night came together so well. I got picked up early, off shift. After a quick change, we walked into the arena. I still remember thinking “oh god, the mud is going to be horrific.” It wasn’t. My wellies were cleaner coming back then they were going out. Which made me laugh. We were walking through the search lanes, when one of the guys with our company stopped Julian. He was only joking about, but when he let us go on, the looks we got from punters was priceless. Wondering how we escaped getting searched. I remember getting closer to the Pyramid stage and just feeling happy. I have never been to an event like Glastonbury before. The size of the place, the people, the atmosphere, it was just.. I can’t even explain it. Finding actual flushing toilets too, that was pretty awesome. You have to realise, using portaloos for 5 days was hell for me. I’m not usually bothered by them but when you go into one late at night, in the dark, and you have to question if it is mud or poop, it puts you off using them. After that, we got some food, met with a friend from work and made our way closer to the Pyramid stage. I remember looking at all the people and thinking “Next time someone laughs at the fact that I am a Coldplay fan, I will remember this very moment in time.” Fireworks started going off. I knew if was about to start. Most of the night after this is a blur. But, when the played Yellow, I felt like I was 17 again, seeing them for the first time. The night went so quick. All of a sudden, Fix You started playing. I told myself I would be happy. Not to cry. Not to get upset. I did cry. I wasn’t upset though. I was the happiest I have been in a long time. Julian’s arms around me. My favourite song playing, live.

The best present I could have ever asked for.

That's such a beautiful story :wacky::bigcry:

I had a few great moments in 2011 (though it was quite a tough year), but there are a few Coldplay-related moments that made my year, definitely :D

The BEST moment one was on December 16th. It was a Friday. It was the day they put online tickets for the gig in Paris on September 2nd. My only opportunity to go to a Coldplay gig. That week, I had a few very important exams, but I couldn't focus, because I was soooo stressed about getting these tickets! I was even more worried, because they were going on sale at 10 am, which was precisely the moment when I was supposed to finish one of my exams, which meant I couldn't be at home, so my dad would have to get them! So the night before, I just couldn't sleep. I was more worried about the tickets than my exam!

The morning comes, I'm so stressed. We have that all figured out though: my dad has put 3 different sites on his favorites sites in his browser, I'll run to the closest Fnac store in town when I finish my exam, and my sister, at her workplace, is also on the Internet, on the websites to buy tickets. I enter the room for my exam, and they tell us that we have to finish it at 9.40 AM. I'm like "YEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!" in my head, whereas everyone is like "WAAAT ?! It's too short, we'll never be able to finish!" :lol:

I finish the damn exam, run to the Fnac store, wait til the security people open it. While I wait outside, 2 guys, 15 years old I guess, are waiting for Coldplay too. When I realize that, I can share my stress with them, so I feel a bit better :nice::lol: 10 AM. The guards open the door at like 10:03. We all feel thousands of tickets being sold :bigcry: The women in charge of sales didn't even know about it! :angry: They try to connect to Internet but the server's down. Why ? We learn 5 minutes later that it's because of Coldplay and I feel proud for a second :wacky: :lol:

I finally have my dad on the phone: HE GOT 2 TICKETS! STANDING, GOLDEN CIRCLE!

:dance::dance:

I wait til I'm at the bus stop to let my joy explode (the 2 guys didn't get any, but I had taken a phone number in case I had extra tickets to sell them, and I learned later that they got some tickets)

I was over the moon during the entire day :awesome:

I have the best family in the world :awesome:

Anyway, it's nice to tell each other our great moments of 2011 and focus on the positive :D

Welcome on board :D

2011 was a great Coldplay year for me. Back in 2008-2009, I had seen them 4 times during VLV. I even flew to Tampa with pit tickets to see the last VLV show, but it was cancelled at the very last minute.

DSC_0089.jpg

Now, it's 2011, and they announced the Samsung Summer show at UCLA, my alma mater. I was so excited, bought what I thought were great seats for a lot of $$. When we got inside the small, like 5000 seat, venue, I was beside myself. The seats were on the side of the stage, with an almost fully obstructed view. NO where on the tickets was this mentioned. I was so sad. I was still happy to see them, kind of, and I met up with some amazing Coldplayers, but I was so upset that I couldn't even see the stage behind the advertising banners and the speaker towers. So I was feeling rather let down, by both the cancelled Tampa show and now this UCLA show.

P1020928.jpg

I did have tickets to see them at Austin City Limits Festival, and was very excited for that. I was determined to be in the front row. But the night before, they had the ACL tv show taping. I hadn't been able to get tickets through either coldplay.com or through the tv station, but we showed up anyway and asked and waited and waited to see if there were any more tickets. Finally, just a few minutes before showtime, we were given tickets! There were 5 of us, we were seated in the balcony, but it was such a small theater, we had a great view and were just ecstatic to have been able to get in.

P1030322.jpg

The next day, passed by in a blur. A very long blur. We were among the first in line and to be let into the park. We were in the very front row, and we waited from 11am until 9pm for the show. It was an awesome day, hanging out with Coldplayers and listening to some great music. When Coldplay finally came on stage, it was just perfect. I started feeling I was finally having the Coldplay experience I had hoped for with the Tampa show and the UCLA show. I didn't think this could be topped by anything.

P1030504-1.jpg

Next, it was announced that they would start promoting Mylo Xyloto in the US, namely California. They were scheduled to perform on a morning radian show with Kevin and Bean, two radio personalities that have been huge Coldplay supporters since the beginning. They were doing a very small show in their studio, with about 75 fans, and the only way to get tickets was to win from the radio station. The week of the giveaway, I pretty much devoted my life to winning those tickets, and I finally did. I couldn't describe the excitement and joy I felt. The show was scheduled for a Tuesday morning. But then they announced a guest appearance on the Ellen Degeneres show, an afternoon talk show. It's one of our favorite tv shows. I entered a contest on coldplay.com and won tickets for that too! This show would be recorded on Monday, the day before the KROQ show. Once again, I was in the front row. In this screen cap, I am in the front on the very right with my arms raised

ScreenShot2012-02-19at90832AM.png

The next morning at the KROQ studio, was the most incredible experience. Tiny studio, tiny crowd, and the band close enough to reach down and tie Guy's untied shoes. They only played 6 songs, but it was a 2 hour show, songs and interview, and questions from the audience. The band also took pictures with the fans and signed autographs. Just awesome. And my very favorite photo EVER is my avatar :D

P1030595.jpg

P1030574.jpg

I feel 2011 was the Year of Coldplay for me, I saw them 5 times between August and October, and 2012 is shaping up to be another awesome Coldplay year, too!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Dianne.. I saw you at that Kevin & Bean taping, live on my computer in England in the afternoon...(how amazing is that? - it must have been crazy wonderful!) I remember you because you were at the front with your husband and you were singing along to Charlie Brown I think and they said how come you knew the words to unreleased songs.. and you answered it VERY well.. 'Well Ive seen them five times this year!' or something like that! LOL.. and I remember Chris standing up for you! My god you were SO lucky! :) :D what a memory...

My 2011 best experience was going to see Chris and Jonny at the Little Noises in November.. it was AWESOME.. I can't explain how magical being that close was.. We spent all day queuing to get front row. But I guess those of you who've done it, know what I mean. I have a full review on my website in my signature, so I won't repeat it here... but it was an amazing day. One I didn't actually think I'd get to do, because I spent a morning failing to get tickets for the Little Noises, despite being on the website on the dot of 9am.. all were sold out. I was gutted...

But hey, I'd already got tickets for the 02 gig.. although miles and miles from the band... but I did think, maybe that's all my luck this year used up? As tickets were sold out instantly for that gig too. That in itself is a funny story, including spilled coffee, stress and finally success..

But luckily, and happily, I was able to go, due to the lovely Mich, who posts here.. she had a spare ticket, which she kindly offered to sell me for face value, which was really sweet of her, and I was also able to spend the day with her and some other lovely coldplayers, as I was on my own.. as we did our Lovely Loonie bit outside a church all day! LOL..

Things that stick in my mind particularly..

Meeting Millar, and having our photo taken for the Coldplay Twitter, meeting Jonny and getting his autograph afterwards! Seeing Chris close up! LOL.. Chris' awesome piano, Shiver, performed, acoustically right in front of me, and strangely the whole tiring day, lined up on a metal walkway it was all fun, all part of the whole experience for me.

I did go to the 02 two weeks later with my son, and saw them from about 3000 miles away, but it wasn't the same thing.. It was great don't get me wrong, we got our glowbands! But really, I wanted to be down there..up close..

Now I can't wait for the next gig in June.. and this time we have standing tickets!

Wow Dianne.. I saw you at that Kevin & Bean taping, live on my computer in England in the afternoon...(how amazing is that? - it must have been crazy wonderful!) I remember you because you were at the front with your husband and you were singing along to Charlie Brown I think and they said how come you knew the words to unreleased songs.. and you answered it VERY well.. 'Well Ive seen them five times this year!' or something like that! LOL.. and I remember Chris standing up for you! My god you were SO lucky! :) :D what a memory...

My 2011 best experience was going to see Chris and Jonny at the Little Noises in November.. it was AWESOME.. I can't explain how magical being that close was.. We spent all day queuing to get front row. But I guess those of you who've done it, know what I mean. I have a full review on my website in my signature, so I won't repeat it here... but it was an amazing day. One I didn't actually think I'd get to do, because I spent a morning failing to get tickets for the Little Noises, despite being on the website on the dot of 9am.. all were sold out. I was gutted...

But hey, I'd already got tickets for the 02 gig.. although miles and miles from the band... but I did think, maybe that's all my luck this year used up? As tickets were sold out instantly for that gig too. That in itself is a funny story, including spilled coffee, stress and finally success..

But luckily, and happily, I was able to go, due to the lovely Mich, who posts here.. she had a spare ticket, which she kindly offered to sell me for face value, which was really sweet of her, and I was also able to spend the day with her and some other lovely coldplayers, as I was on my own.. as we did our Lovely Loonie bit outside a church all day! LOL..

Things that stick in my mind particularly..

Meeting Millar, and having our photo taken for the Coldplay Twitter, meeting Jonny and getting his autograph afterwards! Seeing Chris close up! LOL.. Chris' awesome piano, Shiver, performed, acoustically right in front of me, and strangely the whole tiring day, lined up on a metal walkway it was all fun, all part of the whole experience for me.

I did go to the 02 two weeks later with my son, and saw them from about 3000 miles away, but it wasn't the same thing.. It was great don't get me wrong, we got our glowbands! But really, I wanted to be down there..up close..

Now I can't wait for the next gig in June.. and this time we have standing tickets!

There is something so special about being in the front.

And that moment at KROQ was mortifying. When they accused me of illegally downloading? I had more to say to them, but oh well, I said it to them off-air. And yes, Chris stood up for me. What a surreal thing. So far, I've seen them twice this year, both from up front. But I don't think I can ever top the Club Nokia performance. Everything about it was just perfect. (Even though I'm finally recovering from the cold I caught from Chris because the guy sweats like a faucet and he was sick and he sweated on us :dozey:). A fellow Coldplayer caught a photo of me on the giant video screen, which pretty much sums up my feelings that night.

Image.jpg

There is something so special about being in the front.

And that moment at KROQ was mortifying. When they accused me of illegally downloading? I had more to say to them, but oh well, I said it to them off-air. And yes, Chris stood up for me. What a surreal thing. So far, I've seen them twice this year, both from up front. But I don't think I can ever top the Club Nokia performance. Everything about it was just perfect. (Even though I'm finally recovering from the cold I caught from Chris because the guy sweats like a faucet and he was sick and he sweated on us :dozey:). A fellow Coldplayer caught a photo of me on the giant video screen, which pretty much sums up my feelings that night.

Image.jpg

Oh wow.. LOL.. OMG you caught the Coldplay virus! LOL.. (I think I'd suffer a cold if it came from Chris.. :D)

I'd suffer a lot if it came from Chris, but that's another story and another thread entirely! LOL :p

I saw your photos of the Club Nokia gig.. amazing.