My family's falling apart, please help?

Coldplay

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LiquidSky
Semi-update:

My mom has found a new place to run her store that's about the same size and price as the place she rents now. She's making a deal with the landlord of that place. Business is pretty good lately and I think in a few years we'll all have the money to work things out. Nobody's fighting and things are back to the way they are.

Thanks for your replies :)

Kinda late, but I just wanted to mention that... maybe not be so hard on your sister? She sounds like she really is depressed. Maybe she feels like a failure since she isn't living the dream she desires. Depressed people tend to sleep a lot, have very little motivation, mood swings. Maybe she's even suicidal? People always assume other people are "ok" until something drastic or unfortunate happens. Don't belittle your sister or push her away.. she is after all your sister & about her husband.. nobody knows what kind of marriage anyone has so all your mom and you can do is just advice her and maybe talk to the husband.. ask him some questions. What are his plans? What does he think? How are things with him and your sister? People divorce all the time so maybe he won't always be there with her? Anyway, those are just some things to think about. But happy to hear things are going well now :hug:

Kinda late, but I just wanted to mention that... maybe not be so hard on your sister? She sounds like she really is depressed. Maybe she feels like a failure since she isn't living the dream she desires. Depressed people tend to sleep a lot, have very little motivation, mood swings. Maybe she's even suicidal? People always assume other people are "ok" until something drastic or unfortunate happens. Don't belittle your sister or push her away.. she is after all your sister & about her husband.. nobody knows what kind of marriage anyone has so all your mom and you can do is just advice her and maybe talk to the husband.. ask him some questions. What are his plans? What does he think? How are things with him and your sister? People divorce all the time so maybe he won't always be there with her? Anyway, those are just some things to think about. But happy to hear things are going well now :hug:

Yes, I realize now that I was acting really insensitive. It's mainly because I was genuinely scared of being homeless/losing our main income.

I think most of my family's got it pretty bad, but my sister is the most depressed, I agree with you. She's not always down, maybe that's why I overlooked it and I'm sorry.

I would never talk to her like this, I just wanted a place to vent and this was the most convenient because I don't really have anyone IRL to share my problems with and this would give me the quickest feedback.

Thanks for being so nice to me and for the advice :)

I'll edit out the first posts for now, don't really like angry me.

Guest LiquidSky
Yes, I realize now that I was acting really insensitive. It's mainly because I was genuinely scared of being homeless/losing our main income.

I think most of my family's got it pretty bad, but my sister is the most depressed, I agree with you. She's not always down, maybe that's why I overlooked it and I'm sorry.

I would never talk to her like this, I just wanted a place to vent and this was the most convenient because I don't really have anyone IRL to share my problems with and this would give me the quickest feedback.

Thanks for being so nice to me and for the advice :)

I'll edit out the first posts for now, don't really like angry me.

Any time :hug:

Do you mean insensitive towards her or insensitive about her on here? If she is depressed or disappointed in her life then she should at least express that, from what you wrote she seems impossible to get through to. We should all sympathise with people who have problems, to an extent, if she is depressed and can't even talk about it then she's going to be in even more of a rut.