✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Glastonbury 2013

Tash

Glastonbury 2013 festival tickets go on sale in October

_61026195_getty_glasto.jpg

Tickets for next year's Glastonbury Festival are to go on sale at 9am on Sunday 7 October.

There is no event this year as the site in Somerset takes a break.

Festival-goers will have to register to buy tickets in a bid to tackle ticket touting.

No headliners have been announced for the 2013 festival although organiser Michael Eavis told Newsbeat earlier this year that they had already been "chosen".

The 76-year-old revealed the news as he picked up a lifetime achievement award at the European festival awards in Groningen, Holland, in January.

The registration process for next year remains the same.

Music fans will have to fill in their personal details and upload a photograph although if you have already registered, your details will be saved online.

The 2011 festival was headlined by U2, Coldplay and Beyonce.

Next year's Glastonbury starts at Worthy Farm on Wednesday 26 June.

Ticket prices will be revealed over the next few months.

link

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rolling Stones have no plans to play Glastonbury – or retire

Band's representatives deny report that the Stones will bow out with first and final Glastonbury appearance in 2013

rolling-stones-007.jpg

The Rolling Stones have denied that they will be bowing out next year with a headline show at Glastonbury festival.

The Sunday Mirror reported that the rock'n'roll legends would retire with their first and only appearance at Worthy Farm when the festival returns in 2013. But when the Guardian contacted the band's representatives, they insisted there is no truth to the claims. They also said the band would not be playing the festival.

The Rolling Stones remain one of the few bands on the Glastonbury wish-list never to have played the festival. A source had told the Sunday Mirror: "All four members have agreed that next year is the right time to have one final hurrah and put on the gig of their lives. It's as case of now or never, and obviously Glastonbury is the most important festival on the circuit. Everybody's incredibly excited … it's a final bow."

The show would apparently have been one of "a handful" in the UK and the US taking place next year, and it had been suggested the band were choosing to bow out to mark their 50th anniversary.

Glastonbury's press office said this morning that speculation about the Stones playing the festival is nothing new, since they are one of the few legends never to have appeared, but there have been no conversations as yet. A spokesman said: "Everybody in the year off thinks they've come up with the perfect Glastonbury lineup. But at the moment there isn't anything to confirm or deny."

link

• 2 months later...

I think we can safely say Coldplay won't be there.

I would say any of the following:

Arcade Fire

Fleetwood Mac

Radiohead

Mumford and Sons

Arctic Monkeys

Lady Gaga

Prince

Stone Roses

Three of those I reckon. I'm going with AF, SR and FM.

Franz Ferdinand surely

Not to headline. Subheadline, maybe. Or the Other Stage perhaps, if someone like Gaga was on the Pyramid Stage?

But Franz would be quality. :cool:

I'm not so sure about Fleetwood Mac but that would be great

That's just what I've heard. They're reforming, would certainly fit the "legend" status of Springsteen, Stevie Wonder, etc.

Personally, I'd love it, I was brought up with them. (Their music, not actually in a house with Stevie Nicks, although that would've been cool.)

I was thinking Radiohead too. Have they announced any tour plans for next year?

Don't think they have. It would be awesome if Radiohead returned, but would they be right? Eavis is charging £215, and I'm not sure TKOL-era 'Head really justifies that, especially after the fallow year... he surely has to book big name mainstream pleasers all round.

Don't think they have. It would be awesome if Radiohead returned, but would they be right? Eavis is charging £215, and I'm not sure TKOL-era 'Head really justifies that, especially after the fallow year... he surely has to book big name mainstream pleasers all round.

I know... it's a shame really. Maybe they could headline one of the smaller stages so that 'true' music fans will be able to go see them while Ed Sheeran or someone is on the main stage :rolleyes:

It's £215 for 5 days of action (Wednesday afternoon to Sunday night) of which the headliner will be 2 hours of that.

Most likely it will sell out within a couple days without even any bands confirmed, Glastonbury is pretty much the only festival which can sell out without having to give the full line-up out first.

Franz to headline the other stage again.

I reckon for the 3 headliners:

Friday - Kasabian

Saturday - Prince

Sunday - Rihanna

Kasabian aren't big enough or good enough yet. They're headlining other festivals by process of elimination.

But if Radiohead headline it's not like people won't come. They've played two of the great Glasto sets over the years.

Well they can book anyone and everyone will come because you pay in advance. That's not the point of what I was saying.

What I was saying was that Radiohead are not a popular booking. A cult booking, yes, but not a particularly popular one. Not to follow on from U2, Coldplay and Beyonce, that's for sure.

That's not to say they won't be announced, it just doesn't exactly scream of one of the great Glasto sets, as you touched upon; they're touring the King of Limbs, after all.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Radiohead are a good bet. The Stone Roses will be there I think. Arcade Fire maybe but I'm not sure if Eavis considers them Pyramid Stage attractions in the way a band like Coldplay were. From what I heard the crowds were absolutely huge that night. Don't know if Arcade Fire can do that.

Well they can book anyone and everyone will come because you pay in advance. That's not the point of what I was saying.

What I was saying was that Radiohead are not a popular booking. A cult booking, yes, but not a particularly popular one. Not to follow on from U2, Coldplay and Beyonce, that's for sure.

That's not to say they won't be announced, it just doesn't exactly scream of one of the great Glasto sets, as you touched upon; they're touring the King of Limbs, after all.

I'd say they definitely are in the same league, but I may be wrong.