📡 HIGHER POWER MUSIC VIDEO OUT JUNE 8 📡

Seat Upgrades, Clothing, Meeting them

Okay here's what happened on August 11, 2012 at the St. Paul show.

Scroll to the bottom if you just want a summary.

In the week leading up to the concert I had a weird mix of feelings. Foremost was the fact that I had been waiting since December for this and it was finally here. Secondly was a kind of sadness because before it was so close it was like yeah the concert is going to be so amazing and I could just sit in ease of knowing that it's coming. Then when it was actually close it was like crap it's going suck when it's over because I won't know I'll be going to a Coldplay concert but that was a pretty distant second emotion.

We made our shirts basically during the whole three days before the concert. I was up till about 5 am the day before finishing it. I found some paints that I thought would look good with the shirt and I put some paint on those along with a little on my shoes. The day of concert before we were all talking about it and everyone said not to get my hopes up about being upgraded and everything but I did anyways.

My brothers and I left the house in Waconia on the way to the Xcel Energy Center, which is about a 45 minute drive. When we get there and are getting out of the car some girl drives past quickly and I see her face and she says something like "What are you wearing?", she must have not been going to the concert. We walk down a few hallways leading to the arena and at this point I'm getting super excited and walking in a trance. It felt so surreal that I was actually going to see Coldplay live. The chance of getting a upgrade was just a bonus.

We finally get into line before the entrance gate at around 5:30-5:45. Gate Opens, pick-up Xylobands, now we're in the main entrance lobby of the arena. We get in line to buy some merchandise before the stuff we want runs out. At this point I'm keeping my out for roadie looking people in black, don't really see anyone standing out. I see plenty of Oxfam people asking people to take pictures and stuff. I thought someone would ask us because of our shirts and we also had some face paint of the MX logo's and I had paint on my arm like Chris but they didn't.

After we get our merchandise we start walking around the arena. First the lower level's just have a look around, no roadie looking people here. Then we go to club level which is where our seats are and my brother just wants to see them. We take look, then as we're walking away some ladies working in the concession stand thing ask us about our shirts. They asked if we bought them but we said we made them and they thought they were better then the ones you could buy. They were amazed by how much the shirts downstairs cost and said that ours were made out of love which was really nice.

Then we decide to go up to the top level. When we get up there it was kind of dark and there wasn't really many people. Round a few corners... I see someone, women dark hair dark jacket, she sees us, my heart skips a beat, she makes a I see you gesture towards us and starts walking our way, time slows down, my head clears, was this it, was it actually happening? I realize she's very pretty and she starts talking to us and I realize she has some kind of accent that sounds British to me. She compliments us on our shirts and asks us how long it took. Then she asks whose the biggest Coldplay fan. We unanimously agree it's me. She asks me what favorite song is, I ask a specific album or just all of them. She says X&Y, I think for a second while my hearts racing and I'm pretty sure it's A Message, or Fix You, or Swallowed in the Sea, or Til' Kingdom Come, White Shadows, crap! I can't decide. I say Fix You is a amazing song but not my personal favorite on the album, she jokes that "What it's too mainstream?" I laugh and finally say A Message. She's like alright cool and says "Well I work for the band and I'm looking for the biggest fans and I wonder if you want to make a deal, you give me your tickets and I'll give you front row to the right of the stage, that sound like a good deal?" A small emotional explosion goes off in my head. Wow. We all excitedly agree and we part ways.

We all laughed, my brother called my our parents and his girlfriend and tells them the amazing news. I just keep walking in pure awe. I didn't think it had really hit me yet. It was definitely surreal. We take a look through the curtain to see where our new seats are. While still walking on the top floor another roadie stopped us and asked what our favorite songs were on Mylo Xyloto then we told him we were already upgraded and asked if it was a hot girl who upgraded us and we thought she was British but he said she was actually Dutch. While walking away he showed all the tickets he had to upgrade people. We thought it was really funny and awesome that we actually got asked if we wanted upgrades twice. Next we went down the floor through the elevator. I noticed people looing at us strangely as we walked to our seats probably because what we were wearing. I didn't really understand why though it would be unusual since it was a Coldplay concert, why go if your not a fan and if your a fan why would it be strange to show how much you love the band by making t-shirts. I also read other posts about how people were rude to people wearing stuff, this confuses me because those other people being rude are paying to see the show and yet they act rudely towards obvious fans of them, and I know Chris Martin would have something to say to those rude people "There should be color limitations in the world about what you can wear and what you can't wear" although that's not really what the song was about.

The opening acts were great. Then when it was time to take the panorama shot everyone posed for it and then it looked like he was still taking some. I ended up a little disappointed with the panorama of our show because he must have taken a shot of us after the initial one of us poses and the one he used is one of everyone mostly standing around waiting and especially the one he used is one he took while I was taking pictures and it shows the side of my head.

Then when 99 Problems started I knew I was in for one of the best nights of my life. During the show my throat was really dry because I didn't want to leave to get a drink and have to go to the bathroom so my singing along was probably pretty terrible. No words could ever describe what the show was to me, I know it was life-changing for sure. It amazed me throughout. The first time the arena lit up was so beautiful and more then what I could ever dreamed of actually being there. We even got on the big screen a few times I think. I got a screenshot of us from one of the youtube videos of the show. When the butterflies shot out of the cannons during In My Place and Lovers In Japan was pure bliss. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall is one of my favorite songs and the performance of it My favorite part was when I made eye contact with Chris, I'm pretty sure it was during Viva la Vida. Maybe he was making eye contact with the people behind me but I'm 99.9% sure he was looking at me and my brothers said it was towards me. No words could've described how I felt and feel now knowing that I made eye contact with one of my heroes, it means everything to me. I wish I had a picture or something of it.

I have to admit after I was a little sad and it was kind of hard to come down from but I also immensely overjoyed and just happy that I fulfilled one of my dreams. It was very inspiring in many different ways. Can't wait till my next Coldplay show.

Monday Morning seemed another life but I knew that Heaven was insight.

Summary

My brothers and I got upgraded to the front row to the right of the stage but a roadie and were stopped by another roadie who asked but we told him we were already got upgraded which was funny. We had one of the best nights of our lives and are grateful to the roadie that upgraded us. I made eye contact with Chris at one point during the concert which was like a dream come true. The show was like heaven on earth. Thanks for all the help with shirt ideas and showing me your pics I'm very grateful.

Links to some pics and videos we took and pics of my shirt (sorry some of the pictures in the albums are unorganized and have doubles)------

Shirt:

http://imgur.com/a/gc6ty

Ticket Before:

http://imgur.com/8rb1I

Ticket After:

http://imgur.com/bE34D

Show:

http://imgur.com/a/sbDYn

http://imgur.com/a/A4FNw#mSzLn

http://imgur.com/a/8gWq7

Us in the Panorama:

http://imgur.com/9WXEL,2ow3G,9XJIt#2

Stuff After the Show:

http://imgur.com/a/CnV0U

Videos:

-- Charlie Brown

Sorry videos are probably bad compared to most but thought you might want to see what I saw.

Finally sorry for the really long post, taking a week to make the post, and I apologize for any grammatical or spelling errors.

zweb, amazing post. As I was reading, I took myself back to Boston when the same thing happened to me. That feeling you get when the roadie spots you is unlike any I have ever felt! Thank you so much for sharing :)

Okay here's what happened on August 11, 2012 at the St. Paul show.

Scroll to the bottom if you just want a summary.

In the week leading up to the concert I had a weird mix of feelings. Foremost was the fact that I had been waiting since December for this and it was finally here. Secondly was a kind of sadness because before it was so close it was like yeah the concert is going to be so amazing and I could just sit in ease of knowing that it's coming. Then when it was actually close it was like crap it's going suck when it's over because I won't know I'll be going to a Coldplay concert but that was a pretty distant second emotion..."

Finally sorry for the really long post, taking a week to make the post, and I apologize for any grammatical or spelling errors.

WOW! I totally saw you guys! Now I wish that I would have said hello because I was loving your shirts! I had on an elephant hat in the 12th row of the right side of the stage, so a few rows behind you. I also talked to this Dutch "roadie" and she gave me a signed photo of Coldplay! It was amazing. You can read all about it here