✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Viva La Vida sound for working class

RyonI

Hello All

This is my first post here although I used to visit this site often.

My name is Jonathan (23yo) from Tel-aviv israel. I'M NOT A PRO but have some very light experience with music production. I play all the basic instruments.

I have a band and lately we decided to perform all coldplay's songs (about 40 songs),

Which "forced" me to make a little research about all coldplay's sound sources, techniques and how to get them with VST's (strings, pads, organs etc..). not 100% but let's say 90% accuracy.

I thought it would be nice to share my experience to get the Viva la Vida strings sound using one simple VST called Edirol Orchestral + kick (HAlion).

If wonder why VLV, so.. it is my fav song along with 'Don't Let It Break Your Heart', 'Sparks' and 'Twisted Logic'. And funny thing but I'm originally from jerusalem and the bells are my childhood most remembered sound.

And now 2 buildings next to mine is the St. Peter's church (old jaffa) so I'm feeling very close to that songq anyway...

First, listen: (sorry about the vocals, it's 7am here the vocal chords didn't wake-up yet :))

[ame=http://soundcloud.com/jonrev/vlv2-experiment-coldplay]VLV2 experiment (Coldplay) by Jonrev on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free[/ame]

I know It is not exactly the same (the sound, the beats and so on) its only an experiment. but I'm getting closer to the original sound. maybe till the evening it will be ready.

Those are the settings:

Viva La Vida Edirol Orchestral

Strings: REVERB-LEVEL45

Edirol Orchestral

Violins Spiccato (127) REVERB60 CHORUS120 REALESE+10 EQ-MID-5 HIGH+9

Viola Spiccato (80)

ConcertPiano+12 (113)

Harpsichord (60)

Violins (125)

Tubular-bell C-note fine +50

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/StrikeEagle/orc_vivalavida.jpg

there is also settings for theviolins, the bell and more.

Thank y'all and sorry if someone already came up with the same subject.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...