✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[15-Nov-2012] Sunrise & Huawei Ascend present Coldplay Live, Sydney Opera House, Sydney, Australia

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I went to the gig and MY GOD WAS IT AMAZING : bigcry: here is my story of everything that happened. It was FUCKING AWESOME

OK SO: I flew to Sydney from Melbourne on Wednesday night for the intimate Sydney gig. I got to the hotel at about 11:20pm and my friends and I left at 11:45pm to go to the venue - the Sydney Opera House! It was awesome seeing the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House all lit up at 12am. We walked to the back of the venue and that's where we saw them testing the lights on the stage. And WE WERE THE FIRST ONES THERE!!! We hung around (not sleeping the whole night!!) until some other people showed up at 3am.

Gates opened at 5:30am and I was first at the barrier! Yay! :D so then there was a whole heap of tv crews filming me and my friends cos we'd been there so long, we got interviews 4 times!! Just before they came on i saw Phil upstairs on the balcony so I waved to him and said "hi Phil!!!" and he waved back!!

So the band came on at 7:30 and when J,G & W came on first. When Guy took his spot I waved at him and he smiled at me :D *dead*. Then Chris came on and they did a small soundcheck of Yellow and CB. Just before they played Yellow for filming, they were all wandering around waiting for it to go live and Chris jumped down off the stage and started talking to someone down from me. He then went back towards the stage and said "I have to go to work". Then they did a pan of the audience and I saw Chris look at my sign (which said g'day Chris, Will, Jonny, Guy and Phil). So I was like "hi Chris!" And he came over to me!!! He shook my hand and this was the conversation: "what's your name?" "April!" "April? That's a lovely name." "THANK YOU" "are you coming to the other shows on the weekend?" "I'm going to all the shows you're playing in Australia!" "Wow, that's amazing! Did you paint that shirt yourself?" "Yes I did!" "That's great, we paint all our own shit too". Then when he was about to walk away he shook my hand again with both of his hands and said to enjoy the show. When I looked down at my hand, there was a little splodge of spray paint that had come off his hand!!! :D AMAZING!!!!

So then they played Charlie, Viva & Paradise and just before Viva I called out "we love you Will!!" To which he laughed shyly and Chris said "he's too shy to say it but he loves you too. Right Will?" Will nodded. Then Chris was like "even though you think they [the whole band] don't know, they know. Cos the truth is they love you too" and the ENTIRE BAND were looking at me and laughing!!!! DEAD!!!!! So yeah, that was pretty much it for the gig, which was effing awesome might I add! That night we saw Phil walking past and we waved to him. I didn't go up for a photo or anything as he was pushing a pram. But he waved, smiled and said hello which was brilliant enough! :) all in all, it was a fucking awesome gig, and I'm so glad I won tickets cos now the whole of Coldplay know who I am!!!

OHMYGOD :awesome: Wow!!!!Just wow!!!!What happened to you is fantastic!!!!!Damn!!!

And your photos are awesome too! Thanks for sharing!

just before Viva I called out "we love you Will!!" To which he laughed shyly and Chris said "he's too shy to say it but he loves you too. Right Will?" Will nodded. Then Chris was like "even though you think they [the whole band] don't know, they know. Cos the truth is they love you too" and the ENTIRE BAND were looking at me and laughing!!!!

That part made me a bit emotional :wacky:

OMFG April, that was simply awesome!!! :dazzled: You were so lucky! And they were all so lovely! You lucky girl! :wacky:

Don't worry about the pics, the bigger, the better! :D And they're pretty good too :wideeyed: Thanks for them and your review!

• 1 month later...