✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Any good tips to sleep

The Doctor

Recently at night I wake up like every two hours and it makes me really tired during the day.

It can't be because of the parties because they are all over and those where the few days I slept well.

So if you guys got any tips, I'd be really happy to hear them :nice:

If I can sleep at all, or really crappy (like you) I force myself to stay up 24 hours to get sleepy as hell, and then go to bed at early night and sleep at least 10-12 hours. Say if you have to get up at 6:00 am you have to go to bed rather early the day before, but for me it really helps. Good luck with getting your sleep, I know how freaking annoying being tired is :/

You can try Melatonin but I think you need a prescription for it.

You don't. At least, not here in the states. I've taken it before, and it works wonders on me. It depends on individual people, however; there are people who it doesn't work too well on.

At any rate, you have to be careful with melatonin. You can't take more than the recommended amount, as too much melatonin in your system can be toxic to your body. Also, your body naturally produces melatonin. You can't take melatonin every night before bed; otherwise, your body will eventually stop producing it on its own, and that wouldn't be good.

I just looked it up, in the Netherlands you can buy melatonin at a drugstore but then the dosage is very low and you need a prescription for the stuff with a higher dosage (I guess it's also like that in Belgium). The lower dosage one is more like a food supplement and it doesn't really work well.

As prevention is always better than cure, try to figure out if there is something that could provoke this disturbance (something about your bed or your room, or something that's been on your mind lately) and then consult your doctor if necessary. For instance, I've replaced my mattress recently and it put a stop to my misery at once. Maybe a trifle like that is the cause. Not that melatonin will do you any harm (when adequately administered, that is) but maybe you know the solution yourself.

What I like to do, and this might work for you, is when you lie down, clear your mind of everything going on in your life. Close your eyes, and picture yourself closing your eyes and drifting away somewhere nice.

Not to be a downer, but that proved to be one of the most difficult things I have ever attempted using my brain.