✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

piano hook for Clocks

Kingzilla

So I have been playing piano for a while, but I don't know how to read sheet music. But I've learned clocks, but I understand that you play the hooks with two hands. The problem is that I am having trouble hitting the notes with my index finger, my ring finger and pinkie. My pinky always hits the note way too early. So I was wondering if anyone has a problem with the song, or is it something I am doing? Thanks.

its funny, because it is really simple with just my right hand. I can play it without even looking at the piano. The second I start using my left hand, everything gets screwed up. But thanks for the advise. I am thinking of getting lessons, so that should help.

You dont really do much with the left hand unless your playing it like the way Chris does live. Even still, you're only playing octaves of Eb, Bb, and F which are fairly easy.

Clocks has 3 chord progressions, spread out over a duration of 4 times. The 2nd progression is played twice to fill in the gap. So it's Eb/G, Db/F, Db/F, and Bb/F. For the left hand, just play the corresponding notes in octaves: Eb, Bb, Bb, and F.

Also, you dont need lessons. I taught myself piano over a duration of 4 years and I can now read sheet music as well as taught myself music theory without classes or lessons. You can't expect to get it over night; it took me about 2-3 months until I could fully play Clocks.

^Yeah you don't need lessons!!:D

I taught/am teaching myself, I've been playing just over year & a half, I've began reading sheet music (working progress but getting the hang of it slowly:) ).

It all takes practise!!:D you just can't start by thinking 'right this is all gonna be easy and ill learn everything in a week' ;) :p.