✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

idea for: coldplay obscurities/b-sides album?

elroy bo

This is my idea for an X&Y double album that features the B-sides and unreleased songs from the AROBTTH tour. This track is listing is not final because I have to actually listen to everything in order so that I can see exactly how well everything flows together, but I think it's a good start.

1. Square One
  2. What If
  3. White Shadows
  4. Fix You
  5. The World Turned Upside Down
  6. Talk
  7. How You See the World
  8. X&Y
  9. Proof
  10. Speed of Sound
  11. A Message
  12. Gravity
  13. Pour Me
  14. Low
  15. Sleeping Sun
  16. Moses
  17. The Hardest Part
  18. Things I Don't Understand
  19. Swallowed In the Sea
  20. Twisted Logic
  21. Til Kingdom Come

I wonder what songs were originally planned for LP3, long before it became X&Y.

They said they re-worked the album two or three times and X&Y itself actually could've been album #5 instead.

I've always figured the early plan was for songs like Proof, Gravity, Pour Me, Solid Ground, Ladder to the Sun, and maybe even Moses.

It's possible Fix You existed in 2003 or even late 2002 because that would've been during the aftermath of Gwyneth's father passing. And because Johnny Cash died in late 2003, perhaps we can assume that Til Kingdom Come (which was written for a collab with him) was around in some form.

If this is true, then it would suggest that X&Y was originally supposed to be very mellow... and if that is indeed the case, then I'm actually glad there are some heavier and more upbeat moments on the final album like Talk and White Shadows.

• Like 3

I wonder what songs were originally planned for LP3, long before it became X&Y.

They said they re-worked the album two or three times and X&Y itself actually could've been album #5 instead.

I'd give anything to be able to listen to those songs. That time was peak Coldplay in my opinion.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...