✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Latin America "soon soon"?

matsimon

Yeah but I was just referring to the rumored date. I mean, it's totally doable if it were the band's wishes.

Agreed, I'm just saying from every piece of confirmed information we have available, the band doesn't wish to tour anywhere for the immediate future. I doubt very highly that they'd go anywhere (not just South America) and play a one off stadium gig right now.

Chris himself recently confirmed the band has decided not to tour Ghost Stories.

I still don't understand why Phil said "soon, soon" (in early May) when Chris and Jonny clearly said they wouldn't tour and that they did not want to. Isn't it a bit silly? I mean what's they point? Why would you do that when you don't want to tour?

I still don't understand why Phil said "soon, soon" (in early May) when Chris and Jonny clearly said they wouldn't tour and that they did not want to. Isn't it a bit silly? I mean what's they point? Why would you do that when you don't want to tour?

miscommunication, perhaps? I'm just hoping for the comeback of xylobands' on this tour

It's probably a simple miscommunication. Perhaps he was referring to something else like the 6 date promo tour that happened over the summer, or perhaps the band was considering a more complete tour at one point.

It's probably a simple miscommunication. Perhaps he was referring to something else like the 6 date promo tour that happened over the summer, or perhaps the band was considering a more complete tour at one point.

He said that when asked to come to Latin America so I doubt he was referring to the 6 date promo tour or a bigger tour somewhere else. Anyways, I wish they wouldn't say things that might be taken as "hints" by hopeful fans if they're not going to do anything.

He said that when asked to come to Latin America so I doubt he was referring to the 6 date promo tour or a bigger tour somewhere else. Anyways, I wish they wouldn't say things that might be taken as "hints" by hopeful fans if they're not going to do anything.

You have to understand the band and the people around them are human, and like all humans say things off the cuff that are never intended as written in stone pronouncements. Someone asked him a question casually, and he quickly replied. Again though, who knows, the band may have actually been considering a bigger tour back then.

MOAARR rumours

Para el próximo año, la estela de estrellas que podrían desembarcar en Paraguay, como parte de su gira latinoamericana, incluye a bandas como la británica Coldplay (sería en mayo) o Foo Fighters, el grupo liderado por el ex Nirvana, Dave Grohl. También podría aterrizar en Asunción, el cantante y compositor Justin Timberlake.

For next year, the stars (?) that could land in Paraguay as a part of their Latin American "giro" [i guess they mean 'tour' by that] includes bands like the British band Coldplay (that would be in May) or Foo Foghters, ...

http://teleshow.paraguay.com/gestionan-conciertos-de-foo-fighters-y-pearl-jam-en-paraguay.html

Sorry for my bad translating skills, my Spanish is not that great :p

Yes, "gira" means "tour".

In Spanish sometimes we use synonyms of "tour" (and the same word, in English) to define a sightseeing trip or travel, when people go to a place or several places to see and know the place.

When an artist travels to places to do shows, and not just to visit, we use the word "gira".

And, yes, "estrellas" is "stars". But in this context it means "rock stars".

I must say that your Spanish is very good. :)

Not like my English. :lol:

You have to understand the band and the people around them are human, and like all humans say things off the cuff that are never intended as written in stone pronouncements. Someone asked him a question casually, and he quickly replied. Again though, who knows, the band may have actually been considering a bigger tour back then.

Umm..I do undersatnd that, what I'm trying to say is that, seeing what happened last time around, I wish they were more careful when referring to the topic. No one has taken it as set in stone as you've said, everyone is quite concious they are rumours, but Phil himself has fed them and as I said, I just wish they were more careful, but they're only human and these things happen I guess.

Umm..I do undersatnd that, what I'm trying to say is that, seeing what happened last time around, I wish they were more careful when referring to the topic. No one has taken it as set in stone as you've said, everyone is quite concious they are rumours, but Phil himself has fed them and as I said, I just wish they were more careful, but they're only human and these things happen I guess.

Only the person(s) Phil said them to knows what he actually said. The rest of us are getting a second hand report at best (and sometimes a multi-hand account that's been translated into other languages and then back to English). Mistakes, miscommunications and errors just happen, it's not fair to blame it on the source when no one knows if that's where the root error lies.

Actually it's a tweet made from the official Coldplay account on May 3rd, in English....everyone can read it. So I guess the source is pretty much reliable or at least clear.

https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/462678365112385536

Anyways, I hope they do tour sometime next year and that we can see them live once again. They're incredible live. Their shows are amazing, and very much expected over here, everyone's so eager to see them, they said they would come so we will keep waiting.