✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

International musicians invest in Israeli app - including Coldplay and others

grids

Coldplay, Nicki Minaj, Will.i.am and others will perform in Beijing together to promote Music Messenger, a free application program developed by a company from Kibbutz Glil Yam.

What do British rock band Coldplay, American singer Nicki Minaj, American rapper Will.i.am and French electro music producer David Guetta have in common?

They have all invested in an Israeli company from Kibbutz Glil Yam, which has developed the "WhatsApp of music."

After selling social multimedia platform Pheed to the Mobli Media Group for $40 million, entrepreneur Oded Kobo developed Music Messenger, a free music messaging app.

The application, which is available for iPhone and Android and already has one million users around the world, allows you to send any song in any language to friends on your contact list. In addition, it allows users to create music libraries and playlist and to search for songs.

Kobo managed to raise $5 million from senior members of the world's music industry at a company valuation of $25 million. Coldplay and the other investors are scheduled to hold a major concert in Beijing in June in order to introduce the project to the Chinese.

57624130992579640360no.jpg

"Other sources in the music industry have expressed an interest in the app," Kobo told Yedioth Ahronoth. "I believe that in the future we will become the 'next YouTube.'"

David Strauss, another entrepreneur, is in charge of the company's business development.

Other investors in the company include Coldplay's manager Dave Holmes, DJ Tiësto, Gee Roberson (Kanye West's former manager), and RCA Records executives Wayne Barrow and Mark Pitts.

Holmes told his partners in Israel that this is the first time he invests in an Israeli company.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4611030,00.html

• 3 weeks later...

it's looking more and more like it's true. and there will be a concert in china this june to promote it.

Coldplay Nicki Minaj and Guetta crazy for an app. Israeli!...

Coldplay, Nicki Minaj, Will.i.am and other artists will perform together in Beijing in June this year to promote "Music Messenger", a free application developed by an Israeli company located in Kibbutz Glil Yam.

The application, available on iPhone and Android already has a million users worldwide. It lets you search for music in any language and send them directly to their contacts. Music, playlists and messages will also be stored in a library available at any time.

The British rock group Coldplay, American singer Nicki Minaj or the French electronic music producer David Guetta have all invested in this musical application called the "WhatsApp music" whose creator and PDF is the Israeli entrepreneur Oded Kobo. The contractor is not at his first attempt since it has already developed "Pheed," an application that provides a multimedia platform Mobli group sold to 40 million.

Oded Kobo, which hopes that its implementation will become the "YouTube the next few years," was able to raise $ 5 million from the music industry moguls (David Guetta, Tiesto, Avicii, Nicki Minaj, Sebastian Ingrosso, Dave Holmes - manager of Coldplay, John Engelbert or JC Carre - David Guetta partner). They are all interested in this application that simplifies and allows free exchange of music, while other music management applications are either paying or more complicated to use. Oded Kobo currently and serenely preparing for a second round of fundraising.

x

It's more the term 'investment' that annoys me. They are using it to make money, not simply promoting an idea or technological advancement. Also, judging by the artists involved, I don't imagine this is going to be some super plan for those at the bottom of the ladder when it comes to the creative industry (though I may of course be wrong).

• 9 months later...