✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

X10Y coldplay tribute show

Deano

Hi guys, I was just wondering what with the 10 year anniversary of X&Y if people would be interested in a special X&Y anniversary show? I play guitar in Coldplace and we are considering doing this but I wanted to gauge interest from Coldplay fans.

The idea would be that the show would be in two halves, the first half would see us play X&Y in its entirety, and the second half would be a mixture of hits. I have seen Pink Floyd tributes do a similar thing playing the whole of dark side and it works really well. It would probably just be a one off unless there was a lot of interest.

What are people thoughts? I have included a link to our promo video [video=youtube_share;JEhTN3IYUvE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a great idea. I'd love for you guys to come to the US for this though, to commemorate CP's first #1 album here! :D (totally not an excuse to be able to see you guys live)

We're still trying to get the the USA. We've had an offer to play LA for the past 2 years but you wouldn't believe how tricky it is getting the work visa's arranged! We're hoping to get this sorted soon though.

Where are you based mainly? If it was in the UK, I would go for sure, sounds great! :)

We're based in the UK but we tour europe regularly and have played all over. I think this show would have to be a UK show, possibly a theatre show but if it worked well and there was enough interest I'm sure we could do a few more dates. We've been getting back into X&Y lately and there will be a few old songs coming back into the set. We soundchecked The Hardest Part at the last gig!!

I would be more than happy to promote a show on the site, would be a great event. A weekend or end of July would be great too :P

Also, I seem to remember a vid of Twisted Logic. You guys have played that before, right?

I would be more than happy to promote a show on the site, would be a great event. A weekend or end of July would be great too :P

Also, I seem to remember a vid of Twisted Logic. You guys have played that before, right?

That's great! I've private messaged you...

I don't think we've ever played twisted logic? Certainly not while I've been in the band. X&Y songs we've done in the past are:

Square One

What Id

White Shadows

Fix You

Talk

Speed of Sound

Low

The Hardest Part

I'll get looking around for suitable venues. Where about's in the UK would people like to see this and how far would people be prepared to travel?

That's great! I've private messaged you...

I don't think we've ever played twisted logic? Certainly not while I've been in the band. X&Y songs we've done in the past are:

Square One

What Id

White Shadows

Fix You

Talk

Speed of Sound

Low

The Hardest Part

I'll get looking around for suitable venues. Where about's in the UK would people like to see this and how far would people be prepared to travel?

This "What ID" song....What ID do I need in order to be able to hear it?

LA? Come to San Fran before LA if you ever make it to the USA. They suck. San Fran is better because of my presence in the area :P

• Like 1