✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What guitar is this!!!!!

Does anybody know what guitar is being played played by Jonny in this video? (Look around 5:12)

[video=youtube;yvjhQIXLpTw]

It looks like a bass in some ways but a guitar in others... as does Guy's guitar.

Damn, 240p....

@ 4:07, you can see the end of Jonny's guitar which has 4 pegs suggesting its a bass that Jonny is playing. Also the same conclusion one of the comments came to on Youtube. Which is funny, because I don't recall another instance where he plays bass. It looks very similar to the red 'UFO' bass Guy used in MX era.

Looking at another video of the same night, Guy appears to be playing a non-bass, 4 stringed guitar of some sort.

Damn, 240p....

@ 4:07, you can see the end of Jonny's guitar which has 4 pegs suggesting its a bass that Jonny is playing. Also the same conclusion one of the comments came to on Youtube. Which is funny, because I don't recall another instance where he plays bass. It looks very similar to the red 'UFO' bass Guy used in MX era.

Looking at another video of the same night, Guy appears to be playing a non-bass, 4 stringed guitar of some sort.

Nice eye, I think it is Guy's Bass. Considering the song was pretty easy, I think it wasn't a problem for Jonny to play bass.

33vgefo.jpg

Jonny is playing a P Bass there (it looks like Guy's spare for that tour which he used as his main bass on the MX tour.) If you look closely, the pickguard is painted to what guy had on that bass back then.

Guy is not playing a 4 stringed instrument at all, but a regular 6 string electric guitar. It looks like one of the old fully hollow Gibsons from the 50's, an ES-125 or ES-150, but I can't make out the pickup configuration close enough to determine which one.

Guy is not playing a 4 stringed instrument at all, but a regular 6 string electric guitar. It looks like one of the old fully hollow Gibsons from the 50's, an ES-125 or ES-150, but I can't make out the pickup configuration close enough to determine which one.

Plz see below image. It is a screencap of a video on the same night but in a higher definition than the one OP posted.

dsfdsfsdfs.jpg

Please note the 4 tuning pegs, which I thought corresponded to the 4 strings on the guitar, hence my assumption of Guy playing a 4 stringed, yet non-bass, instrument.

Aha! I've found what Guy's playing! It's actually called a tenor guitar, a Gibson ETG 150 to be specific.

Here's a picture.

http://www.archtop.com/PageMill_Resources/Guitars/325x450x66etg150_.jpg.pagespeed.ic.WFHcnWzmKd.jpg

As for Jonny's, yes, it does look like a Fender P Bass. If you look closely, it's got the same pickups as seen on a P Bass. (Look around 1:35)

I was originally gonna go with tenor guitar after google-image-searching '4 stringed non bass guitars'. Without extensive knowledge of them though, I just gave you the answer that I did.

Your pic looks pretty damn close to what I see in the video though, that solves it.

• Like 1