✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Fear of Meeting Coldplay

Doolittle2008

Well I've basically grew up listening to Coldplay. I'm 16 years old, and ever since I was 12 I've been listening to Coldplay.

From about 12 - 14 I listening to nothing but Coldplay. I've branched out to more bands such as Radiohead (completely obsessed with them too).

I've listened to them so much that my friend and I were playing guitar and singing one day and we noticed how extremely similar I was singing to Chris Martin. I had adapted his vocal style just from so much listening.

Every time Coldplay is brought up, I feel extremely proud and always let everyone know about how awesome they are.

They kind of feel like parents to me. More than just a band I listen to. They inspire me so much in my hopes of starting a band myself one day.

But I have a fear of meeting Chris or one of them. His voice is the one that fills my ear hours a day, and I've watched their interviews and know them too well.

If I met them, what if they didn't have much time and were short with me? What if they skipped me if I wanted an autograph? This would completely crush me.

Idk, I feel like I don't want to meet Coldplay because of this. They say you should never meet your heroes.

Anyone else feel this way?

Well I've basically grew up listening to Coldplay. I'm 16 years old, and ever since I was 12 I've been listening to Coldplay.

From about 12 - 14 I listening to nothing but Coldplay. I've branched out to more bands such as Radiohead (completely obsessed with them too).

I've listened to them so much that my friend and I were playing guitar and singing one day and we noticed how extremely similar I was singing to Chris Martin. I had adapted his vocal style just from so much listening.

Every time Coldplay is brought up, I feel extremely proud and always let everyone know about how awesome they are.

They kind of feel like parents to me. More than just a band I listen to. They inspire me so much in my hopes of starting a band myself one day.

But I have a fear of meeting Chris or one of them. His voice is the one that fills my ear hours a day, and I've watched their interviews and know them too well.

If I met them, what if they didn't have much time and were short with me? What if they skipped me if I wanted an autograph? This would completely crush me.

Idk, I feel like I don't want to meet Coldplay because of this. They say you should never meet your heroes.

Anyone else feel this way?

Dude, remember, they're humans, just like you. If you ever happen to meet (one of) them, and they're skipping you or are just gonna be like "listen sorry I really gotta go now!" keep in mind, they're not going to do that because they personally hate you. They don't even know you!

Maybe you really want to talk to Chris Martin right now because he's standing just there and holy bawls he basically is my second dad and I need to make him realise how much he means to me!!1 but Chris really REALLY needs to pee right now and really doesn't have any time for you, you gotta understand that.

Imagine you'd be walking outside because something pissed you off a few minutes before that. Your shoe hurts, you family is annoying the crap out of you, your girlfriend cheated on you and you just discovered that, and you're outside to get a clear head, and suddenly there's a dude approaching you and wants to talk to you and wants you to say nice things to him.

That could be just the thing you really DON'T need right now.

Don't let such things crush you alright. And seriously, SO MANY FANS have met the band so far and reported their encounters on here, and everytime they said how freaking nice the boys are. I feel like you're stressing yourself out over nothing. DON'T BE SO PARANOID DAMMIT :whip:

But your post is cute and you shouldn't worry about such things :wacky: