✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bad habit: Smartphone lifters

coldplayer18

I have already visited some CP concerts since 2005 and in last tournees it gets worse and worse. Instead of getting involved with the music/atmosphere (watching through your eyes), many visitors lift their smartphone idiotically high and try to record the whole concert. I noticed that even at the last promo appearances.

I only can hope that Coldplay will mention this bad habit at their performances in 2016th before they start their concerts. That's just very annoying. For the visitors and for the band! Let your smartphone in your pocket, please!

• Like 1

It is a very odd habit imo. I do take pics or very short videos occasionally during a concert but 99% of the time I am watching with my own eyes, otherwise it feels like you´re not even there if u r always looking at the screen! hehe :)

It may be though an almost impossible habit to force people to break! Sometimes you can try to include them creatively in the concert: I seem to recall they used the cellphones during "Talk" back in the Twisted Logic tour

I understand the sentiment , reasons and how annoying this must be for artists and concert goers who dont stand there with their phones, but I dont think a ban is the ultimate answer, kinda like what the article concludes too. I think we are reaching saturation of the social networks society we live in, sooner or later people are bound to remember to appreciate 3D life first and take pictures of it afterwards. So I guess we just have to wait this through :/

I understand the sentiment , reasons and how annoying this must be for artists and concert goers who dont stand there with their phones, but I dont think a ban is the ultimate answer, kinda like what the article concludes too. I think we are reaching saturation of the social networks society we live in, sooner or later people are bound to remember to appreciate 3D life first and take pictures of it afterwards. So I guess we just have to wait this through :/

Life is for living, sure take one or two pictures to remind you, to upload to Facebook to show off to others where you are, but not the entire show, nobody will be interested in watching videos filmed from half-way back with tinny sound.

• Like 2