✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Vs. Foster The People

LeftrightleftArchi

Since there was a thread for Imagine Dragons, I thought I would make one for Foster The People. I recently got into the group's music and they make some pretty good stuff. If you know the name, but not the actual group, their #1 hit "Pumped Up Kicks" might cure your brainfart. Their 2011 debut album, "Torches" was praised by Elton John and called it "One of his favorites and one of the best albums of 2011." Even U2's The Edge praised it and was singled as one of his favorite records, calling it "a very interesting new album. Very 21st century pop, but it's beautifully made and thrilling." Their second album, "Supermodel" came out in 2014 and is on the more experimental side in which the band combined sounds from around the world. It's got some shoegaze (same genre as Chinese Sleep Chant), Funk. Neo-psydelic, and even Grunge themes incorporated into the album. Anyways, what do you guys think of them? Here are some of my faves:

I love FTP and I think they're one of the very underrated bands. Most people have only heard of Pumped up kicks and they don't even know what this song is actually about. Most of the songs have upbeat music but the lyrics are very thoughtful with some serous themes. Mark is very talented musician and beside that he's been also doing a lot of charity work. I've been curious about the third album, which will be out probably next year. Mark said that there will be some rap music on it.

Anyway, would recommend :D

• Like 1

I love FTP and I think they're one of the very underrated bands. Most people have only heard of Pumped up kicks and they don't even know what this song is actually about. Most of the songs have upbeat music but the lyrics are very thoughtful with some serous themes. Mark is very talented musician and beside that he's been also doing a lot of charity work. I've been curious about the third album, which will be out probably next year. Mark said that there will be some rap music on it.

Anyway, would recommend :D

Finally, glad to see another FTP fan on the forums! [emoji3]

• Like 1