✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Very similar song to Birds

jeremyy

I was fooling around on a concert-ticketswebsite and stumbled upon with this group. I played their songs, and realized that it sounds so freaking similar to Birds. If you listen it with 1.25x speed on youtube, it is veeeery veeery similar!!!!!!!

Then I checked their other songs, bum! that video clip (just kaleidescope and 16mm things etc.)

I really wonder your thoughts.

The riff is not exactly the same though, is it ?

I think it is. I mean the intro bits. In "Birds" guitar sound is just a bit faster and cleaner than "Your Colour". If you can increase the pitch and the speed of "Your Colour", you can feel it better. As they say:

"Birds" go flying at the speed of sound

To show you how it all began

• Like 1

I agree with the similarities in playing/style, but the riff is definitely not the same. (I've also tried to play the riff from Birds to be sure on this one and it doesn't work ;) )

The Birds riff is actually quite similar to the riff of Hurts Like Heaven during the outro of the song, it's almost identical.

• Like 1

I agree with the similarities in playing/style, but the riff is definitely not the same. (I've also tried to play the riff from Birds to be sure on this one and it doesn't work ;) )

The Birds riff is actual quite similar to the riff of Hurts Like Heaven during the outro of the song, it's almost identical.

I just noticed that now that you brought it up... they have the same dreamy feeling as well. They were going for the same thing in Birds.

• Like 1

Even though I still don't entirely agree with you there I love your witty use of this Speed Of Sound Lyric :D

First of all thanks! :D Yes, maybe the usage of the words "exactly the same" was a bit exaggeration in this context, because I was shocked when I heard how similar they are. Still I think they are very alike and it does not seem to be a coincidence, but I wish it is just a coincidence and hope someone can convince me about that.