✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-08-31] Vivint Smart Home Arena, Salt Lake City, UT

jc90

Good evening. We are very pleased to announce that the band will perform 12 U.S. arena shows alongside this summer’s U.S. stadium tour. Tickets for the new arena dates go on general sale at 10am local time on Friday, April 15 from Ticketmaster (apart from Detroit, which will be on sale at 10am on Saturday, April 16).

We’re also very happy to confirm that singer-songwriter Alessia Cara will be the main support at all the U.S. shows, with Foxes opening at all of the shows between July 16 and August 6.

Anyone going to the SLC show?

I am buying tickets tomorrow for my sister and I! It will be our first show. We live in Western Montana and are afraid it is the closest they will get on this tour--especially if they skip Calgary. Hope the venue is cool. I can't say I am a fan of SLC-- in my past experience, crowds in Utah and Idaho tend to be really conservative and not excited about dancing/going crazy! But hopefully I am wrong.

I'm going!!!!!!!! Got my tickets yesterday! This is my first Coldplay show, I've been waiting to see them for years. They're my favorite, along with Muse. I saw them at this arena in 2013, and I think even they were impressed with the crowd by the looks they were giving each other. The pit got pretty wild. Speaking for myself, I always move around at concerts. That's been my experience for the most part. I'm sure it's probably nothing compared to a larger venue, and there are always those people who literally just stand there, but most people move.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I am going and super excited. It will be my first Coldplay concert. I have waited for the chance to see them forever. I think Utah is hit or miss for the crowds. I also think there are always alot of people you show up to concerts in Utah and they haven't been to many and don't know how to act. But that is my opinion and accept that I could be completely wrong.

• Like 1

My sister and I are on our way now!! Got 2 hours of driving left (6 hours total). Will let y'all know how it goes.

Anybody have some tips for getting upgraded or for sneak towards the floor? I don't wanna get greedy, our seats are good, but it would be awesome to get close!

• Like 2

My sister and I are on our way now!! Got 2 hours of driving left (6 hours total). Will let y'all know how it goes.

Anybody have some tips for getting upgraded or for sneak towards the floor? I don't wanna get greedy, our seats are good, but it would be awesome to get close!

Once in there, you can move round , well I say that was the case in Manchester uk on 4.6.16 when I went, enjoy the show it's amazing guys!!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Coldplaying mobile app

Amazing tweets from R42 last night!

[MEDIA=twitter]771242772456013824[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/771242772456013824

[MEDIA=twitter]771198628341751809[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/771198628341751809

[MEDIA=twitter]771194206807175170[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/771194206807175170

[MEDIA=twitter]771180953381109764[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/771180953381109764

Okay: Review to get this down in writing.

Spoiler Free: I can honestly say this was some of the best 2 hours of my life. I was absolutely shocked at how amazing they were live. A lot of that you can attribute to the amazing production and set pieces. I found myself surprised with every single track on not only how great it sounded live, but with the accompanying visuals and surprises. If you are on the fence about buying a ticket to a Coldplay show in the near future because of the price or travel distance--I say just go for it (unless it will bankrupt you). I have seen a lot of concerts, big and small, long and short, and Coldplay's was just perfection.

Detailed/Spoilers (even though US Tour is over)

My sister and I drove all day to Salt Lake and made it to the Arena when doors opened. Everyone there was really nice and we wandered around for a few hours (we secretly wanted to be upgraded since we were wearing old Coldplay stuff). Bishop Briggs came on and were actually really good! Not my favorite genre of music but the singer was impressive and they had a ton of energy. I wanted to dance but our seats were in the first few sections where everyone was sitting. Alessa Cara then came on and was okay--I frankly find her style of pop very dull. But she was really sweet and earnest on stage and the big hits sounded great. By this time, I was pretty tired from driving all day/doing homework. I was worried that the trip wasn't going to be worth it.....

Main Event: but then the intro... that damn intro. I knew what was coming but wasn't prepared for how surreal an arena full of xylobands looks! And AHFOD sounded so good and the energy was amazing. From there on the setlist wasn't altogether surprising, but I still freaked out when they played every track. I was so happy to get ETIAW and Charlie Brown. Yellow and Clocks were great as expected, but I was most excited when they went to the B-Stage and played AIMH and Magic. Those songs sounded incredible and the acoustic Everglow is better than the album version!! Birds was amazingly fun live since it had the boys in "traditional band" formation, and I loved the Heroes cover!

Chris had great banter with crowd throughout, he pointed out all our signs (especially starfish sign, which he said "thanks for reminding us of that shit name!") He even made a slight comment on Trump visiting Mexico that day. He also "f*cked up" Trouble and had to apologize profusely for the language (I had quite a few conservative families in my section who shook their heads in disapproval, I just laughed). I also noted that during Amazing Grace Obama wasn't put on screen, and I wonder if that is because Utah is a red state? He also did a great band introduction as usual and commented on how the band was about to be together for 20 years! This led into Trouble of course! The audience participation felt more intimate than even the smallest concerts I have been to (less than 50 people). Chris really had even the old stubborn folks in my section in the palm of his hand by the end of the show.

Viva and AOAL were great back to back, the latter was basically an all out balloon party in my section with my favorite xyloband colors. Finally, Fix You was incredible (as always) and Amazing Day, ASFOS and Up&Up felt like the perfect way to end a show. Highlights: For me the C-Stage was coolest. I was not expecting to get 3 of my favorite all time tracks played back to back Trouble, GPASUYF, and Green Eyes. Everyone in my section didn't know these ones very well so my sister and I were screaming them and we were the only ones standing! Finally, the most fun part might have been the Paradise Remix. The rave was so frenetic and crazy! It came out of nowhere and is so much better in person than youtube suggests!

Anyways. Rant over. In summary I was very pleased with AHFOD material live (my main concern before the show) and I was blown away with the setlist and how Coldplay was able to squeeze so many songs in with so many amazing moments of lights, lasers, confetti, fire, animations, etc. It was truly the ultimate high, and now, 5 days later, I still feel sad for not having that again! It is bittersweet and I can't wait to see them again.

• Like 4