✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

must identify a Coldplay song

publix

Hello, friends. Please help me identify one of Coldplay's few songs that feature two instruments: piano and Mr. Martin's falsetto voice. Nothing else. The melody is the most beautiful melody I have ever heard. I can't understand any of the lyrics Mr. Martin sings whenever I hear them on my local grocery store's sound system here in Florida.

Therefore, google can't help me identify the song. I can tell you it is *not* one of the eleven songs that a concert pianist includes in the following video.

But the "mystery song" is well-known enough for Coldplay's recording to reach a lot of shoppers at a Florida grocery store -- far away from the Miami area, at that.

Ideally, the way for me to be able to purchase the correct song would be for me to hold my cell phone next to my piano and play the refrain of the melody. Of course, nobody should display or ask for a telephone number here. Thanking in advance whomever helps me. I hope email is appropriate for us. My address is [email protected]

Hi and welcome to the forum !

Hmmm...

Everglow ?

O (Fly On) ?

On YouTube I listened to Everglow and also to O (Fly On). Neither one is the song I'm searching for. In the one I'm searching for, Chris Martin sings entirely falsetto. He is accompanied by a simple piano melody, very few piano chords if any, and no other instrument. The words he sings are unintelligible to me. But the melody is so exquisite, I hope to find it again. Is anyone here willing to exchange private email messages until we feel comfortable launching a brief phone conversation? I'm in Florida in the United States. On the phone, I could sing and play the piano melody of the hook of this "mystery song."

On YouTube I listened to Everglow and also to O (Fly On). Neither one is the song I'm searching for. In the one I'm searching for, Chris Martin sings entirely falsetto. He is accompanied by a simple piano melody, very few piano chords if any, and no other instrument. The words he sings are unintelligible to me. But the melody is so exquisite, I hope to find it again. Is anyone here willing to exchange private email messages until we feel comfortable launching a brief phone conversation? I'm in Florida in the United States. On the phone, I could sing and play the piano melody of the hook of this "mystery song."

Instead of actually phoning, why don't you record your playing/singing as an mp3 (with a smartphone for example) and then send it to somebody via Private Message ? You'd be welcome to write me a message if you wanna do that.

These are probably too obscure for being played publicly anywhere, but since some fulfill the criteria of only piano + entirely falsetto (which is very rare, do you really mean entirely ?!), have a look at this playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=jmRvoDuga-0;list=PL59113FFC9AAD9209

Instead of actually phoning, why don't you record your playing/singing as an mp3 (with a smartphone for example) and then send it to somebody via Private Message ? You'd be welcome to write me a message if you wanna do that.

These are probably too obscure for being played publicly anywhere, but since some fulfill the criteria of only piano + entirely falsetto (which is very rare, do you really mean entirely ?!), have a look at this playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=jmRvoDuga-0;list=PL59113FFC9AAD9209

OK, I'm gonna work on creating an mp3. I don't own a Smartphone, but I might buy one on the morning after Thanksgiving (in the United States) when Verizon might gives me a free upgrade from my flip phone to a Smartphone. I hope this thread stays here for at least another month. Eventually I will send the mp3 file as a private message -- replying to one of the public posts in this thread.

Did you listen to any of the songs I suggested above?

Yes, I listened to all of the songs you provided. None is the one I'm trying to find. Because I heard the "mystery song" broadcast on a loudspeaker at a grocery store in Florida, it has to be on many radio stations' playlists. I believe I've heard it on FM radio, too.

Only other description I can provide with words is that the piano accompaniment includes few, if any, chords. Often throughout the song, the pianist plays only one note at a time -- as in Beethoven's Fur Elise. The melody of the "mystery song" is sad and exquisite. I wish I could understand a single word that Mr. Martin tries to enunciate.

The songs you provided all feature a lot of chords. The pianist plays several notes simultaneously. I hear several arpeggios in the music you provided. But the "mystery song" has piano accompaniment that is more like Fur Elise. Alright then, I can't say or do much else until I buy a Smartphone. I'm typing this on a laptop. I can play piano by ear, and I have a good working piano, but my technology consists of this laptop and a flip phone.

Perhaps your laptop has a microphone and a way of recording things? Could you go to vocaroo.com and record you playing?

I will check out that possibility after I get a good night's sleep. The time is 1:34 in the morning where I am.

Perhaps your laptop has a microphone and a way of recording things? Could you go to vocaroo.com and record you playing?

I found what I was looking for. I truly apologize to everyone who has added a comment to this thread. I apologize because the "mystery song" for which I was looking turned out to belong to an artist other than Coldplay. I do love Coldplay, please don't get me wrong. The mystery song belongs to a male singer who uses a falsetto voice. He is a lifelong American and has no connection to Chris Martin.

Title of my song is "100 Years" and the artist bills himself as Five for Fighting. His actual name is Vladimir Ondrasik III. I love Coldplay's use of piano, but I must say that Mr. Ondrasik's piano refrain in "100 Years" is one of the most beautiful sounds I have heard in my life, and I have listened to a lot of Chopin, Beethoven and other piano composers. I must repeat my apologies in case I have wasted anyone's time on this message board. I hope to post a comment that focuses on one of the Coldplay songs I enjoy.

I found what I was looking for. I truly apologize to everyone who has added a comment to this thread. I apologize because the "mystery song" for which I was looking turned out to belong to an artist other than Coldplay. I do love Coldplay, please don't get me wrong. The mystery song belongs to a male singer who uses a falsetto voice. He is a lifelong American and has no connection to Chris Martin.

Title of my song is "100 Years" and the artist bills himself as Five for Fighting. His actual name is Vladimir Ondrasik III. I love Coldplay's use of piano, but I must say that Mr. Ondrasik's piano refrain in "100 Years" is one of the most beautiful sounds I have heard in my life, and I have listened to a lot of Chopin, Beethoven and other piano composers. I must repeat my apologies in case I have wasted anyone's time on this message board. I hope to post a comment that focuses on one of the Coldplay songs I enjoy.

!!!

That song is outstanding!!

Great find! I discovered it about a year and a half ago. I don't blame you for thinking it was a Coldplay song. It's so beautiful... (but, btw, there are more instruments than just the piano in it)

• Like 1