✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A different corner

mstipe

I just watched the 'Freedom' documentary about George Michael's life and during the closing credits suddenly Chris Martin's voice could be heard for a duet 'A different corner' with George.

Was this beautiful version ever officially released?

I was just listening to this yesterday actually (and coincidentally, my friend was listening to another George Michael song at the same time too).

Y'know what grinds my gears sometimes? A tragedy like George's death will happen from time to time, and you'll have an artist pay tribute in some sort of cover. Chris/Coldplay, as we know, do this often with Amy, Chester, David, Michael, etc. But you'll get some idiot online saying, "oh, the original was so much better". No shit Sherlock, but they dont exactly do it to be better, they do it to pay tribute to another artist who had an impact on them. Like, lets say *knock on wood* Chris passes away a hundred years from now, and some future robot boy band pays tribute by singing The Scientist or something. Im not gonna expect it to sound as good, but i'd be glad someone remembers the band and feels compelled to honour them with a cover. End rant.

• Like 3

I was just listening to this yesterday actually (and coincidentally, my friend was listening to another George Michael song at the same time too).

Y'know what grinds my gears sometimes? A tragedy like George's death will happen from time to time, and you'll have an artist pay tribute in some sort of cover. Chris/Coldplay, as we know, do this often with Amy, Chester, David, Michael, etc. But you'll get some idiot online saying, "oh, the original was so much better". No shit Sherlock, but they dont exactly do it to be better, they do it to pay tribute to another artist who had an impact on them. Like, lets say *knock on wood* Chris passes away a hundred years from now, and some future robot boy band pays tribute by singing The Scientist or something. Im not gonna expect it to sound as good, but i'd be glad someone remembers the band and feels compelled to honour them with a cover. End rant.

This, so much. Most of the time I just laugh because it's so predictable that any cover on YouTube will have 400 comments saying "the original was better" ... like it'll be a Queen song and someone will write, "this is nice but it's not as good as Freddie Mercury" ... as if everyone who does a Queen cover is aiming to be a better singer than Freddie Mercury. I mean, do people not understand covers? Do they not know that the person covering it is not, in fact, trying to replace the original performer? Haha. That said if the scenario you mention plays out and a chorus of Alexas or whatever creepy iteration of that we've replaced human beings with does a cover, I will whine and whine hard, just like I already whine about our bizarre determination to replace all human input with unfeeling AI. Also I will be very old and whine about everything because there will be nothing else to do. But I'll be thrilled if any human being with a guitar, bongo, kazoo, turntable, pair of sticks wants to pay tribute to Coldplay.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
I just watched the 'Freedom' documentary about George Michael's life and during the closing credits suddenly Chris Martin's voice could be heard for a duet 'A different corner' with George.

Was this beautiful version ever officially released?

Is this what you're looking for ?