✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Did Chris Martin get bullied in school?

Jeof45

Yeah I think he was. He's mentioned how he was picked in for being more into music than sports.

He's such a f*king genius that I'm not surprised he was seen as a bit different in school.

Thank-you that really helps. how do i get more responses?

Here's a quote I found

"My eye-opening years were between 13 and 17. I was so cushioned until that. But at Sherborne, (British public school) it was the first time I'd ever experienced somebody disliking me."Well, I used to walk funny, and, to be quite honest, I was a bit of a knobhead - I wouldn't have liked me either."

He also has hinted that he didn't have much of a romantic/sex life until his mid-twenties or something.

• Like 2

This is part of an NME interview

Martin was born in Exeter, attending local prep school Hylton and Exeter Cathedral School, where he formed his first band The Rockin’ Honkies. He has said of The Rockin’ Honkies: “I was 15, wearing a long black coat. My voice hadn’t broken and my lyrics were appalling. Our first show was met with booing.”

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/music/chris-martin-1241337#Kdr8y61dbuuPtHHP.99

I think somewhere else he said that his synthesizer had a setting turned on in this show and made weird sounds. He said that the whole school made fun of him for a week.

• Like 2

THank you for the responses. Are there any more responses? Please don't ignore my thread community.

If this is for a school project, you'll need citable sources for the information you include. None of us knows Chris personally and people's answers in a forum don't count as valid source per se, they aren't something you could quote. If you google you'll find there are quite a few interviews with Chris where you can find little bits of information on his time at school (There is generally not that much known about it, though). Try to search for keywords such as Chris Martin + Sherborne (the school he went to). There are also Coldplay biography books such as "Viva Coldplay" by Martin Roach, some of which with ample previews on Google Books, that talk about Chris's time at school and how he was for example booed after a failed musical performance.

In other words: With a bit of research, it's easy to find citable information on the internet.

Hope that helps !

• Like 1