✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do certain songs mean to you?

onlylove

There may be a thread like this already so redirect me if needed.

I have so many but will only do one at a time because it will be too long otherwise.

Warning Sign was the first song that helped save me in a crisis. Someone I deeply loved, literally one of the people I was closest to in my life from a young age, died of cancer and Warning Sign was the song that both shamed me for not being available to that person as much as I should have been and at the same time felt like i was beseeching them to forgive me. I played it over and over and eventually felt forgiven. I still listen to it and feel that connection 14 years later.

• Like 4

-Princess of China is the first Coldplay song I really loved (even if I don't like it as much anymore)

-Green Eyes is the one I like to think I have a connection with since I have green eyes and they played it when I saw them in 2016

-In My Place is all my happy, nostalgic times

-Yellow is my birth since it was released extremely close to when I was born

-Viva la Vida is my childhood

-I listened to Christmas Lights a lot around Christmas 2015 and something almost magically impossible happened to me and I always wonder about that song's connection

-Hymn for the Weekend is my summers in between high school

• Like 3

-Princess of China is the first Coldplay song I really loved (even if I don't like it as much anymore)

-Green Eyes is the one I like to think I have a connection with since I have green eyes and they played it when I saw them in 2016

-In My Place is all my happy, nostalgic times

-Yellow is my birth since it was released extremely close to when I was born

-Viva la Vida is my childhood

-I listened to Christmas Lights a lot around Christmas 2015 and something almost magically impossible happened to me and I always wonder about that song's connection

-Hymn for the Weekend is my summers in between high school

I have the same thought about Green Eyes due to also having green eyes and also got to see them play it last tour. :)

• Like 1

A Message is the song I used to rock my colicky baby to and sing to her.

Yellow makes me think of my husband because he introduced Coldplay to me with that song. and then the whole Parachutes album.

Don't Panic reminds me to chill out when I am having an anxiety spiral.

Paradise reminds me of being a gawky kid who got bullied and had some traumas, but stayed optimistic and worked hard and grew up to have a pretty rad life.

• Like 2

Great thread idea.

I think I could literally go through every song and connect it with something in my life, but a few that jump out at the moment:

-Princess of China Acoustic reminds me of a girl I was with, that was her fav.

-Don't Panic lately has transported me back to a gig I did with my band because we covered it. The girl from above was also at the gig so it kinda reminds me of that too

-Sparks used to remind me of another girl. Are you noticing a theme yet? lol

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

• Yellow contains the lyrics which my friend dedicated to me when one of my relatives passed away.
  • Clocks is that lost song I heard as a child and remembered its melody. I sometimes kept hearing it in my mind even though I didn't know who it was by or what name it had.
  • Amsterdam manages to strengthen me whenever I feel like the world has turned against me.
  • Paradise can always buoy me up and make me merry.
  • Warning Sign brings me memories of rejection which I have learnt a lesson from.

• Up&Up has taught to me engage more in whatever I have to carry out as a member of a group.
  • Fix You proves what a vulnerable and imperfect human I am actually and shows me not to be too hard on myself because there's always hope and a chance of recovering.

• Like 1