✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[NEW] Details from a Coldplay performance: post your observations!

Gideon_Mx

On 3/20/2021 at 6:16 AM, I ran away said:

I have no idea, it unfortunately happens sometimes to innocent posts like yours. These days we have a lot of spam thrown at us though - most of it you'll never see because the filter catches most of the spam posts and hides them until approval, but sometimes it seems to also catch the wrong posts.

Anyway, I approved your post. About Will's backing vocals sounding the same - they are in all likelihood prerecorded. Doesn't mean Will can't sing, but in the masterclass he once gave he explained that as a drummer it sounds better if he pre-records because otherwise the loud drum sounds interfere with the vocal sounds.

P.S. I see we now have links to our Twitter profiles! That's awesome

By the way, I get what you mean but my point was simply that Will's voice can be heard really well in this song. Normally it's much harder to hear him sing.

Also, I edited the "big" post and noticed that it again needs to be approved by a moderator, sorry. So you won't see me editing it ever again lol.

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 1

Indeed some of Will's vocals seem pre-recorded. Sometimes though you can hear him make mistakes or be out of tune like in this version of HFTW (you can hear him struggle a little on the "la la la" section): 

Or check out this VLV version where it looks like he may have sung the wrong number at the beginning of the song (though admittedly this bit of vocals is NOT on the album version and maybe that's why there's no backing track for the vocals) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

Indeed some of Will's vocals seem pre-recorded. Sometimes though you can hear him make mistakes or be out of tune like in this version of HFTW (you can hear him struggle a little on the "la la la" section): 

Or check out this VLV version where it looks like he may have sung the wrong number at the beginning of the song (though admittedly this bit of vocals is NOT on the album version and maybe that's why there's no backing track for the vocals) 

In HFTW's case, he only sings live backing vocals when he's not using his acoustic drumkit. Here is a more clear recording from a different gig with just his vocals. Right after this, his voca l is overdubbed with the studio backing track.

will on hftw.mp3

• Like 2

On 3/26/2021 at 3:21 PM, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

Ooohh I was always wondering what the hell was wrong, but you made it clear now! So he basically lost the the number of ''ohohooohohs" and was confused how many more to come until the beat would drop, lol.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 1:38 AM, GamingForeverAUS said:

In HFTW's case, he only sings live backing vocals when he's not using his acoustic drumkit. Here is a more clear recording from a different gig with just his vocals. Right after this, his voca l is overdubbed with the studio backing track.

will on hftw.mp3 349.49 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks for sharing, I love this! 

I love Will's backing vocals and know he can sing well but I have to admit that (sometimes) especially in this song he's not the best at singing those (high) bits. But it doesn't surprise me, as I already mentioned, it's pretty high notes and it's definitely NOT easy to sing. I absolutely can't do it any better.

I think you just have to practise and practise and need the talent Chris has to be able reach and sing those high notes well (in any song).

Edited by Gideon_Mx

On 3/27/2021 at 1:38 AM, GamingForeverAUS said:

will on hftw.mp3 349.49 kB · 2 downloads

Which performance is this taken from?

By the way, I have also found one in which you can hear Will's voice quite well, even though there are all the other noises and it's overdubbed with Beyoncé's voice backing track. Around 2:50 - 3:00 ''I feel you coursing through my blood, life is a drink your love's about''

And of course the ''aah oh aah oh aah'' part in the bridge you were talking about around 3:50 - 4:00

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, fanofmusic05 said:

Sorry if this may seem off-topic, but has Chris ever done a vocal sustain live longer than 8-10+ seconds?

like a high note? If so, Chris held an 18 second high note at the end of 42 in Singapore back in 2008. This is also the same version on LRLRL

• Like 2