✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What Coldplay lyrics have you misheard?

WhiteShadow7

Hello everyone!

You may know the 'Chris Martin carpool karaoke' video where James Corden realised that he's hearing something else in the Viva chorus than Chris sings. I couldn't find a topic about this and I was wondering how you guys interpret some of Coldplay's great lyrics. And especially, where this topic is all about, the lyrics you have misheard or still mishear! 

To kick off with some of my misheard lyrics:

[Oceans] "Meet under sonar, meet me again" (pretty obvious if the song is called 'Oceans')

[Hurts Like Heaven] "Yes I feel nervous and a kind of relaxed." (would be contradictory) 

[Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall] "I'd rather be in coma than I full stop"  (very on the edge...)

5 hours ago, WhiteShadow7 said:

Hello everyone!

You may know the 'Chris Martin carpool karaoke' video where James Corden realised that he's hearing something else in the Viva chorus than Chris sings. I couldn't find a topic about this and I was wondering how you guys interpret some of Coldplay's great lyrics. And especially, where this topic is all about, the lyrics you have misheard or still mishear! 

To kick off with some of my misheard lyrics:

[Oceans] "Meet under sonar, meet me again" (pretty obvious if the song is called 'Oceans')

[Hurts Like Heaven] "Yes I feel nervous and a kind of relaxed." (would be contradictory) 

[Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall] "I'd rather be in coma than I full stop"  (very on the edge...)

I'm not sure if it counts but when I listen to Light Through The Veins by Jon Hopkins I can always hear in my head The Escapist.

My brain also likes to combine Coldplay songs, like when I could hear Gravity with the lyrics of another song (possible Ink?)

But to answer the question directly, Don't Let It Break Your Heart had at the start a bit where he says "If I lost it all" but I heard it as "If I lost you all" which actually isn't a bad lyric change.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WhiteShadow7 said:

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall] "I'd rather be in coma than I full stop"  (very on the edge...)

That's impressive as a change!🤣

I don't know if this counts as a misread lyrics, but in 'Always in my head' at the beginnings I always hear "portami via", which in Italian means "take me away"

• Like 1