✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What time to get to the front?

Going to the Cardiff gig next month, We have standing tickets, just wondering what time would we have to start queueing to get to the front/barriers? I have been reading some tickets have been sold as early entry so i don't really want to waste my time queuing if by the time i get in all the front has been taken! 

I remember when i went to see them in wembley on the viva tour and there was people queuing the night before for the gig the next day! 

If you want barrier and don't have early entry tickets you basically have to get very lucky. Early Entry takes up 99% of the barrier* these days. I started queuing at 8:30 am in Brussels and managed, but don't count on it.

*Except C stage. The locals don't know about the C stage. You could easily show up when the doors open and get front row there.

• Love 1

On 5/21/2023 at 1:46 PM, Captain Crieff said:

If you want barrier and don't have early entry tickets you basically have to get very lucky. Early Entry takes up 99% of the barrier* these days. I started queuing at 8:30 am in Brussels and managed, but don't count on it.

*Except C stage. The locals don't know about the C stage. You could easily show up when the doors open and get front row there.

What about the B stage? 

13 hours ago, Captain Crieff said:

second row should be fine if you queue from the morning, front row: maybe if you get really lucky

Our train gets into Cardiff about 09.20, we were going to take our bags to the hotel and then maybe head for the stadium? so say maybe 10/10.30? is that too early or not early enough?

• 2 weeks later...

So little update, We got to the queue at 11am, there was about 6 people there before us but all in our different rows at the gate, when the gates opened at 5pm (15 minutes after Early/VIP entry) we walked really fast and we could of been 2nd/3rd row along the walk way, B stage barrier was already 5 or 6 rows deep! so we decided to head for the C stage, and we got on the barrier there! Glad we did because we got to be really up close and they  performed on that stage! Next time we may try and get close to the B stage though! oh and there was 500 VIP tickers for early entry if thats any help to anyone (We asked the security at the gate) 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Liam said:

So little update, We got to the queue at 11am, there was about 6 people there before us but all in our different rows at the gate, when the gates opened at 5pm (15 minutes after Early/VIP entry) we walked really fast and we could of been 2nd/3rd row along the walk way, B stage barrier was already 5 or 6 rows deep! so we decided to head for the C stage, and we got on the barrier there! Glad we did because we got to be really up close and they  performed on that stage! Next time we may try and get close to the B stage though! oh and there was 500 VIP tickers for early entry if thats any help to anyone (We asked the security at the gate) 

Interesting that there were 500 VIP/Early entry for Cardiff as some of the other posts suggest it has been 800-900 at other venues. Perhaps they didn’t sell as many for Cardiff. It is good that there were different stages - perhaps this in a way de-values the early entry tickets.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, this is not very hopefull info. I wanted to start queuing around 12 or 1 PM, but am sad to read that all the barrier spots have been taken up by early entry tickets. 😐

Arriving much earlier isn't really an option for me, because I'm taking two friends who have never been to a Coldplay show and are not used to waiting in line all day. So this is pretty much the limit of what I can ask of them, in terms of waiting.