✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Anti-Semitism on the Rise in the EU?

StupidIntel

Anti-Semitic attacks in the European Union have risen substantially over the last few years, according to a report published Wednesday.

The European Monitoring Center on Racism and Xenophobia (EUMC) report said the most significant rises in anti-Semitic acts have taken place in France, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and the UK. France had seen the biggest increase, with almost six times as many incidents in 2002 than in 2003. Presenting the findings to the European Parliament, the head of the EUMC, Beate Winkler, said, "Europe has a problem with anti-Semitism," adding that "it has been getting worse over the past two to three years." "Although it is not easy to generalize, the largest group of perpetrators ... appears to be young, disaffected white Europeans," noted the report, which looked at incidents in the 15 current EU member states. "A further source of anti-Semitism in some countries was young Muslims of North African or Asian extraction. Traditionally anti-Semitic groups on the extreme right played a part in stirring opinion," it said. The report showed that in countries such as Finland, Ireland and Portugal there were either very low or no instances of anti-Semitic acts, while in Greece, Austria, Italy and Spain, instances were rare. (EUobserver.com)

Yep but it something I do feel very strongly about. Something that hurts me a great deal. I will try and give you a deatiled reply out on this. In fact I want to, but I am to busy at this moment in time,

baahhh to anti-semitism. its also anti arabs too not just jewish people.

i dont like that...

hmm i've had this discussion before with people, semite includes arabs but anti-semite means against jewish people.

I'm American, but I often do agree with European points of view. But anywhere, there are going to be radicals, and it's good that something like this has been reported so people get to talking about it, because antisemitism needs to be stopped.

Sweety_230, are you of Arab descent? :huh:

and about the anti-semitism, as far as i can tell, it's rising big-time in France, which i feel appalled about :( 'cuz i love that country.

a lot of it may be 'cuz of the rising muslim population in france and also i guess some of the xenophobic skinheads local to france.

but even Sikhs and Hindus have been targetted in the U.s. and Canada, though we've got nothing to do with harming anyone else... :/