EU!!!

Angel at his table

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pounds forever :smug:

Why?

I will never understand why the Brits don't want to get the euro. Sure, first I was also annoyed, because the Deutsche Mark was a very powerful currency and I was afraid that life is getting more expensive. Unfortunately that exactly happened in 2002, but now I'm very relieved to have the euro. It's so comfortable...

The last weeks I'm often commuting between Germany and the Netherlands and it's so great to have the same currency in both countries. The same for spending holidays in Spain. It's also easier to check the prices. I never knew that petrol is so amazingly expensive in Holland.

Don't know why, but I often have the feeling that Great Britain is a bit anti-european. When I've been to London last year I wanted to buy something on my last day, but I only had euro notes in my pocket. I asked the man if I could pay with euro and he suddenly became very angry and wanted to kick me out of his little shop. What an a......! :lol:

• 1 month later...
eu..

it has been one of the most contraversial issues here in turkey for decades..

well they are afraid of us =) afraid of 70 million population which would create a dominant decision maker among the other countries..

i dont think we'll be accepted as a full member anyway :)

they're preparing a HUGE campain and international exchange with people from EU countries and Turkey to get to know each other and to learn about Eu ... which is a great thing to do!

Because they're independent and therefore make their own decisions.;)
well more than 10 countries didn't have this possibility, so why should GB and the Channel Islands be an exeption?

they're preparing a HUGE campain and international exchange with people from EU countries and Turkey to get to know each other and to learn about Eu ... which is a great thing to do!

well more than 10 countries didn't have this possibility, so why should GB and the Channel Islands be an exeption?

Britain opted out, and the Channel Islands aren't in the EU.;)

well, if we'll change our liras to euros,

and if it will cause our cultural values to be vanished,

let it be away from us..

otherwise okay, well it would be great for easy travelling opportunities for example =)

well, if we'll change our liras to euros,

and if it will cause our cultural values to be vanished,

let it be away from us..

otherwise okay, well it would be great for easy travelling opportunities for example =)

It'll take at least 3 years before they change your money to €, well that was in our case, but other countries from 2004 still have the same currency. but i don't think they'll take away your cultural values .. that doesn't happen so easily in my opinion.

eu..

it has been one of the most contraversial issues here in turkey for decades..

well they are afraid of us =) afraid of 70 million population which would create a dominant decision maker among the other countries..

i dont think we'll be accepted as a full member anyway :)

Turkey, where about 5% of the land area actually falls inside "Europe", the rest fall within Asia.

ah, my bad then. but still, if we're in the same community, all the rules should be for every country.

Nah.

We don't want to drive on the right, we don't want the Euro, we don't want to be ruled by unelected people in Brussels, we don't want to be forced to go 100% metric.

It's like if Russia wanted to join the EU. True it's capital city and a part of Russia is in Europe, but the huge majority of it is in Asia.

You should form an Asian Union :P

That's why it's a bit weird whenever Russia is included in European Championships, Eurovision etc.:P

It's like if Russia wanted to join the EU. True it's capital city and a part of Russia is in Europe, but the huge majority of it is in Asia.

You should form an Asian Union :P

well, it'd be great really..

russia and türkiye..

well maybe iran china japan...

like an "anti-american" organization.. :P