July 4, 200422 yr Guitar: Radiohead - Paranoid Android (Jonny Greenwood) or The Stone Roses - I Am The Resurrection (John Squire) Bass: Primus - Tommy The Cat (Les Claypool) or The Who - My Generation (John Entwhistle) Drums: Led Zeppelin - Rock and Roll (John Bonham) or Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger (Alan White)
July 4, 200422 yr Author Guitar: Any Strokes solo. Physco - System of A Down New Years Day - U2 Monuments & Melodies - Incubus Drums: Rock and Roll - Led Zeppelin Dazed and Confused - Led Zeppelin (there was a very nice solo at the end of it on the song remains the same)
July 4, 200422 yr Moby Dick - Led Zeppelin (John Boham, drums) and anyone by Neil Peart (Rush drummer)
July 4, 200422 yr Author I love Led Zeppelin, but I don't particularly like the solo in Moby Dick. I think it's way too long. Especially The Song Remains The Same version. It's like, 10 minutes! :stunned:
July 4, 200422 yr yeah, that = :snore: here are my personal favorites: Guitar Dave Gilmour (from Pink Floyd) - "Time" Paul McCartney (from the Beatles) - "Taxman" (yes, Paul played that, not George) Drums Joe Morello (from the Dave Brubeck Quartet) - "Take Five" John McEntire and John Herndon (from Tortoise) - "Seneca" Piano Anybody who can play it - George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" (which I'm also going to nominate right now as "greatest song ever written") Again, anybody who can play it - Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No. 3 in D Minor Thelonius Monk - "'Round Midnight" Dave Brubeck - "Theme From Mr. Broadway" Billy Joel - "Scenes From an Italian Restaurant" I'm going to have to stop with that one before I really get carried away. :lol: Saxophone Charlie Parker - "Night in Tunisia" (by Paparelli and Gillespie) John Coltrane - "Resolution" I think that's enough for now, as there's too many Miles Davis for me to go through before I can pick a favorite trumpet solo. :P
July 4, 200422 yr bass-- Anesthesia by Cliff Burton the lead in The Call of Ktulu by Cliff Burton the 4th solo in Orion also by Cliff Burton :cool:
July 5, 200422 yr Author two more on guitar for me: :P life on a chain - pete yorn (actually, it kinda segways into harmonica also) on your side - pete yorn
July 5, 200422 yr more guitar solos which I personally enjoy playing, and think deserve recognition: Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven (Jimmy Page) (I know it's a bit of a cliché to list this, but well, it's just brilliant) Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (David Gilmour) The Strokes - The Modern Age (Nick Valensi) Oasis - Champagne Supernova (Live, pre-2000) (Noel Gallagher) Radiohead - Just (Jonny Greenwood)
July 7, 200422 yr even though it probably isnt considered a solo, i love the who's my generation bass line, cos theres a part where you can only hear the bass, its pretty sweet. alone together, by the strokes, has an awesome guitar solo by nick valensi, i really like it.
July 7, 200422 yr Author now that I think of it, Audioslave's 'Like A Stone,' has a pretty bad ass guitar solo.
July 8, 200422 yr Piano Again, anybody who can play it - Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No. 3 in D Minor well, if we're including classical: Debussy's Claire de Lune and Arabesque Shostakovich's Prelude and Fugue in A
July 19, 200422 yr the 'take it or leave it' solo really sucks nuts just kidding that's like my favorite one
July 24, 200422 yr I love the solo from Time by Pink Floyd. I convinced my band to learn it just so I could hear it "live-ish"... There's a few other Pink Floyd ones that are really good, none of which I can think of at the moment... ;\... Haven't listened to a lot of PF for quite a while. I'll try to listen to some tonight as I'm sure David Gilmour did a lot of great solo's, particularly on The Wall.
July 30, 200422 yr Author aren't all the strokes solos sweet? :cool: Oh yes. I just noticed how sweet the solo in 'Alone Together,' is. The solo for Communication Breakdown - Led Zeppelin, is pretty cool.
July 30, 200422 yr paranoid android + let down - great work by jonny greenwood especially the intro to let down
Create an account or sign in to comment