✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin Speaks...

badlydrawngirl

http://www.nme.com/news/109224.htm

CHRIS MARTIN SPEAKS!

G02_coldplay_M.jpg

COLDPLAY's CHRIS MARTIN has spoken out about working with THE STREETS on their latest single 'DRY YOUR EYES'.

In an unexpected interview, the singer also revealed details about the band's forthcoming third album - the follow up to 2002's 'A Rush Of Blood To The Head' - and said that he's "not singing about nappies or anything."

Speaking about The Streets 'Dry Your Eyes', which was released yesterday (July 19), Martin said: "Well it’s an interesting story if you’re into Coldplay and if you’re not its really boring, but Mike Skinner, his new single is called ‘Dry Your Eyes’ and there was this version of it which I sang the chorus. But I said I didn’t think it was as good as the version where he sang the chorus. Then he didn’t think that was as good as the version where some other dude sang the chorus, so neither him nor me sing on the chorus."

He added: "But it was cool too... it was cool to spend the day with him. He’s an amazing guy; you know there are some great rappers coming out. I don’t know whether he’d class himself as a rapper or a MC or whatever."

During the interview with Harborough FM's Thom Costall, Martin joked: "I think [Jay-Z] amazing. I’ve been listening to Jay-Z and Kraftwerk a lot. Trying to get inspiration for the last few songs on our album."

Talking about the progress of the yet-untitled third LP, he said: "Everything’s great. I’ve just been writing lyrics and doing baby things. It’s great man, it’s the best thing that’s ever happened. If someone told me my life at the moment would be changing nappies and writing lyrics I would’ve taken it, Y’know? It’s my dream come true."

He added: "Once you know you’re gonna have a baby that kicks in anyway, so its been happening for 10 months, but I mean I’m not singing about nappies or anything."

The singer also took time out to reveal news on the "comedy" Coldplay side project The Nappies - whose debut single and video appeared on the band's official website earlier this year.

He said: "We’ve been very big fans of theirs for a while. And we signed them to our label and let them put out that single on our website. For us the novelty wore off so we sent them back to their day jobs."

As previously reported on NME.COM, just days after singer Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow became parents to Apple Blyth Alison Martin, the band's official website featured an exclusive video by spoof band The Nappies, with the group wearing Darkness-style glam rock wigs.

The track featured Martin 'rapping' to Gwyneth and baby Apple, claiming "I'll be there through the thin and the thick / I'm gonna clean up all the poo and the sick."

On whether the new Coldplay record would sound anything like The Nappies, Martin said: "Do you mean does the new Coldplay record sound like Eamon? I think strangely it might. I think every white guy growing up in Devon dreams of being able to rap, and that’s why we signed The Nappies – it was something that we could never be. But it’s just that single track, now everyone’s got to forget about them."

Coldplay have decamped to New York to continue recording their third album.

The band flew out earlier this month with producer Ken Nelson to a top-secret studio to record more songs for the new album which is set for release at the start of 2005. It’s their third studio session after demoing the album in Chicago and recording in London earlier this year.

Is this the same interview in 'In My Place' on the official site? if it is SORRY! :P

"Everything’s great. I’ve just been writing lyrics and doing baby things. It’s great man, it’s the best thing that’s ever happened. If someone told me my life at the moment would be changing nappies and writing lyrics I would’ve taken it, Y’know? It’s my dream come true."

:blush: .... :cool:

now everyone’s got to forget about them

:cry: ...the nappies!