✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm so mad at Kerry that he conceded

Albie

all this US politics crap is slowly extinguishing my will to live :dozey:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

me too. :P

although, it can be interesting sometimes!

I'd say it's rather useless. :(

Some ppl will be democrates, some republicans, and i think any discussion conserning this is useless, and just annoying.It would be interesting though,if they would have some other options like green party,etc...it's just left or right.

I totally agree, I wouldnt be surprised if Ohio broke out in a civil war over this. This is retarded. People are crashing cars into gas stations. People are slashing people's tires (on cars with candidate bumper stickers. This happened in my state, 30 people with Bush stickers on their car had their tires slashed while parked at the polls). Marriages ended over this, friends turned enemies. I was listening to a radio host the night before the election and he told it like it is. I'm going to use the jist of what he said and reword it in my own words.

"This country couldn't be more divided than it is right now. If you are voting for one guy, everyone who is voting for the other thinks you are EVIL. BRAINLESS and EVIL. They dont care who you are, how nice, intelligent, compassionate, whatever, you are EVIL and BRAINLESS if you vote for the other guy. People could have so much respect in someone, but as soon as they find out that their political views are different, all respect is trashed. Doesnt matter who you are. You lack all reasoning and rationality to them. I want America to do something for me. No matter who wins tomorrow, I want you to be able to accept the outcome. Just accept it, can you do that? This is the only way we can move forward together as a country is by accepting the outcome, and moving on as civil human beings. The more we work together, the less we have to depend on the government. We can fight for what we believe in, but not fight EACHOTHER over it! Have your opinions, dont force them on others and say its the truth. One news site will say one thing and one news site will say the exact opposite, and both will say its the truth. So dont be shocked to the point of passing out when someone who has intelligence is voting for the other guy. We're surrounded by half-truths from each side and the only thing that makes it complete truth is our bias. Or, to be more harsh, gullibility. The smartest thing I've seen people do is keep a secret who they're voting for. Its just not worth arguing about. Each side thinks they're right, no matter what. Isnt this the cause of war?"

Interesting thing... 14% of people who voted for Bush did so because they were against Kerry, not because they supported Bush. 40% of people voted for Kerry because they were against Bush, not because they supported Kerry. Combine those figures and an independent could have had a shot.

We live in a nation that embraces diversity and freedom to choose what you believe in, but we abuse that privilege by slitting eachother's throats over who's right and who's wrong. We're the most fortunate nation in the world, and also the bitchiest. We take everything we have for granted. I'm for gay marriage, but atleast homosexuals dont have to live in a country where homosexuality is illegal and punishable by death. Watching people on TV like Paris Hilton, who grew up with everything makes me want to focus on how much I'm lucky to even have a home. Food to eat. Health. A bed. Meanwhile people complain that they dont have more clothes, the fastest computer. A brand new car. The last thing I want is to end up like Paris Hilton, taking every ounce of her life for granted. America will eventually come around and legalize gay marriage, we just have to give it time. The older generation just isnt used to homosexuality. They honestly just dont understand it. When they pass on, and the next, more open-minded generation comes to take their place, things will be much better. In the meantime, the future does NOT depend on the president or any president, it depends on us people. If we dont reach out to people who are different, and embrace them, not fight them, we'll never understand eachother.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*gaaaaaaaaaaahhh*

I've had it with all this political jargen... the other board is 'infested' with Bush/Kerry threads.. and to top it off.. 'bashing American' threads... its ridiculous!! I had to take a breather... :stunned:

but its been relatively quite here today.. *sighs*

but I'm afraid to go, because I'm an American

omg

don't be such a pussy

you can go where ever you want

you're a musician

i cant believe you're afraid of a frenchie

too bad forums cant show the fact that I was being sarcastic. I'd love to go to Europe, and when I do and someone is rude because I'm American, thats their problem.

awww poor baby

Dont cry Albie...you can whine all you want but lets face it...

the american public spoke and you'll to cry with the reality that you are part of the minority