✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MTV VMA'S back in Miami...

berrywoman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they were ace!! from a remote location.. thats what made it nice.. they performed from a hotel on south beach... very retro looking.. and he started indoors.. the camera follows him and they end up pool side.. he looked soo cute! Brandon... :cool: *sighs*

i didnt like p. diddy's hosting----am i the only one who noticed that he always tried to make it p.diddy's------everything he did was about him, about who he is, and he even said hi to his family---------i didnt like him

anywho---i didnt like fallout boy to win that award----i wanted my chemical romance to win

also, i loved it that reggeton people came out and sang a little bit-----

i didnt like 50 cent's performance

and finally---they should have had more ROCK----still, there isnt enough apreciation for rock music

Im here only because i really wanna give my point of view about this event!!

MTV awards are getting worse every year...Hip hop and reguaeton!! what the fuck is that??? and that stupid R Kelly didn't even sing!! Blong bling and bad taste in music...The Killers...oh my god..i love them but i have to admit...What an awful presentation they made, Brandon sang horrible and the band sounds horrible. I expected more from Shakira...she should shake more her ass. I thought "pheeww" when Coldplay appears, but it wasn't their best presentation, but i really didn't care...At least the stupid Gwen Stefani didn't win anything because she doesn't deserve it.

Green Day!! i don't like them,. but they did a great presentation...My Chemical Romance...oh my gosh Gerard Way, he could be hot but what a bad singer and in live they suck...they're good in studio...it's like Ashley Simpson! hahahah...and P.diddy...naaah...for me the best host was Jimmy Fallon....

HAAA!! when this guy Daddy Yankee appears i said WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!! oh no!! this is the latin representation??? no no no and no!! i feel fucking dissapointed!

d

:angry: i like reggeton :angry:

anyways---shakira and killers were awesome----ofcourse they have to sound different than in the cd or studio----duh-its live!

Get mad at their performance when they lip sing---that would suck

and Diddy----he is the worst host ever---he made it all about himself---the stupidest shit was when he puts picturest of when he was p.diddy and shit like that-------NOBODY CARES

Coldplay were amazing---killers were great----shakira shaked it enough----my chemical romance were great too----and i did like regetoneros coming up----i loved it :P

by the way--i was sad that gwen didnt win anythng---if stupid fall out boy won something--they should have given her something

Re: d

:angry: i like reggeton :angry:

anyways---shakira and killers were awesome----ofcourse they have to sound different than in the cd or studio----duh-its live!

Get mad at their performance when they lip sing---that would suck

and Diddy----he is the worst host ever---he made it all about himself---the stupidest shit was when he puts picturest of when he was p.diddy and shit like that-------NOBODY CARES

Coldplay were amazing---killers were great----shakira shaked it enough----my chemical romance were great too----and i did like regetoneros coming up----i loved it :P

by the way--i was sad that gwen didnt win anythng---if stupid fall out boy won something--they should have given her something

Well if you like regueton good for you :uhoh:

Shakira could do her presentation much better!! she should move more her ass and im so dissapointed of The Killers...

Coldplay was good but not his best presentation

The best host ever is Jimmy Fallon!! WE NEED HIM BACK!!!

and again! DOWN WITH THE FUCKING REGUETON!!!

Camuuu! This is in the wrong friggen forum, MTV *Music* awards, video *MUSIC* awards.

Just unlock my other one because I wrote a LOT of crap about actual music performances and its unfair to just shut it off like that.

that I am suuuuuuuuure you copied and pasted :P :lol: I keed I keed... everyone.. I present to you.. Reilly's rant on the VMA's..

(The other thread was put in the wrong forum so this is an actual one)

People have the annual hate-fest when these awards come around, last year especially, but I think MTV deserve a leeeetle bit more credit. I thought the show was quite wild, it wasnt a spontaneous bunch of surprises that was promised but it was alright, definately better then last year.

I think they had the right idea, there was a whole lot of random things, basically there was like a hundred tiny musical pieces from 3,000 different rap guys but at least that meant there was nothing incredibly dragged out.

It opened horrifically, that was the cheesiest damn thing I've ever seen someone try and get away with. I seriously was laughing. P Diddy talking over these cheesy 80s synth, it sounded like a B movie sci-fi intro, it was hilarious, and for its hilarity (Even though it wasnt intended) I was at least happy from the start.

One of the worst things about the show was the constant flashes of celebrities reactions of what was going on. Here's MC Hammer, here's Usher grinning and nodding his head, here's Beyonce looking bored. 60% of the show was actually the show, the other 40% was clips of celebrities acknowleding what was happening, looking really bored (And I mean, if you're sitting in a stadium seat beside Missy Elliot your not going to stand up and do something interesting now are you?).

Grandmaster Flash was a wonderful idea, he pretty much DJ'ed for the commercial breaks and when they came back in. He did have a small segment for Diddy and some other guy to dance, which was horribly co-ordinated (Diddy hardly moved), and it didnt help that the rather confusing 40 second performance of MC Hammer performing a dance remix of 'Cant Touch This'. I dont think it was horrible, but not quite in the right place.

I liked Fat Joe's introduction to 3 latino hip-hoppers, doesnt me I actually enjoyed the music, but the idea was there. Green Day's performance was good enough. Shakira was, hot. The Killer's sounded pretty bad, but put on a good show. Brandon Flowers needs to stick closer to that mic stand lean, he's really not built for moving around slickly. My Chemical Romance are brutal but they got the crowd going at least (Much to do with the light show over anything, I tell ya). Kanye West and Jamie Fox was just great. 50 Cent was very, forgettable. Basically does the same damn performance every year. And Kelly Clarkson was pretty good as the closing act. Its hard to pull things off like that at award shows, and jumping in the rain almost made her mic cut out, but it didnt, and it was a success. Coldplay was nothing special, sounded off, it was cool when Chris ran up into the crowd though. Sortof.

Basically, you cant blame MTV because they dont even choose what's on their channel. In a funny way I kind of respect this. They play purely what the masses want to hear, even if it's stupid, idiotic, trendy and pointless music, they play what people want to hear and remove their own opinions and their own favourite music (Like some of those god damn DJ's you hear on the Radio).

MTV is all about popular music, obviously popular music of late has been unmentionably bad, so they did the best show with what they could.

But do remember, its nearly 2006, Rap has been popular for a while, and this year it has been completely overblown, so much so that it's just become ridiculous. The "Anything can happen" theme was basically P Diddy giving away his watch or Kanye blowing up a bunch of money into the crowd, it was really shallow.

When something get's overblown to the extent of last night's VMA's, its got to go down hill and the next thing will crop up. Next year, I'd say, expect a lot more rock.

and for the record... 'world of MUSIC' is just that.. other MUSIC not TV SHOWS!!! :P

x

I say---Bravo to Reilly----i do agree with most of what u said and i think it makes sense :idea2:

i hope it is like you say though, that next year we'll be seing more rock :P

also----did you guys know that the watch given by Diddy to a guy----that in commercials the security people took it away from the guy-----and then when the show started again---Diddy gave it back supposedly but he actually gave back a cheap knock off-----an immitation

why the hell if u say that anything could happen and shit---why the hell do u take the damn watch back---if u give it away--give it :P